Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: STILL having BlackBerry App World is having trouble connecting to the App World server!!!!

I am sorry, but if BB App World ever hopes to come close to matching Apple App Stor you are going to have to overcome rediculous issues like this one.  I have an unlocked BB Bold.  I live in the Bahamas and use a BTC sim card when I am in the Bahamas.  When I travel to the US or anywhere else in the world I use an AT&T sim card which works very well.  With both sim cards I subscribe to the data feed.  I have a BB server in my office.  What difference should it make where I am to be able to download applications from BB App World? I have been able to download other applications such as WorldMate Live directly without any difficulty. I have an iTouch and I can tell you downloading applications from the Apple App Store is seamless regardless of where you are or who your service provider is.  I have tried downloading a simple application that I have paid for.  I have tried downloading in the US with the AT&T sim card and using my BTC sim card. The results are the same.  I am frustrated, tired and fed up. How do I get a refund?
New Contributor

Re: STILL having BlackBerry App World is having trouble connecting to the App World server!!!!

I have looking online on how to debrand and I can't find some simple instructions. I do not want to mess up my phone so any help would be great. Thanks
Contributor

The solution of debranding sounds silly.

I have a TELUS Blackberry Storm, am using it on TELUS, it is NOT unlocked.

As I previously indicated (see my original post, above), I am getting the same error message as everyone else when upgrading or reinstalling previously purchased apps via App World.

When is RIM going to solve this issue?

Contributor
My Device: 9000 Bold

Do we have any resolution on this issue yet?If not I thoughtI'd weigh in with my own issue and some thoughts about it.

I must clarify that I have no need to de-brand or unlock, App World works fine for me on all levels, I simply get the "Blackberry App World is having trouble connecting......." error when I try to re-install one programme - Vlingo. I have used App World to download, buy AND to upgrade and re-install with no problem, so this is an issue specific only to the App World Vlingo (3.0) download. In case anybody at RIM is reading and needs further info, here goes;

I downloaded and installed version 2 of Vlingo from App World in the first couple of days after it went live.

I uninstalled v2.0 when version 3 came out and downloaded the new version directly from Vlingo.com (that could be the mistake here).

When I came to use it a couple of days later I realised that the right hand convenience key wasn't opening the app and assumed that it hadn't installed. However, when I tried to open the app from the homescreen nothing happened, the app simply would not open.

I then tried to re-install from App world and got the aforementioned error message every time.

I have since uninstalled and re-installed to no avail - the dl from Vlingo won't open and I can't get App World to re-install. I've also done loads of battery pulls so that's not the problem either.

Having put a bit of thought into this I do wonder whether this may be a payment issue, and I'll add at this stage that I have e-mailed Vlingo customer support but they obviously don't know the meaning of service as I have not had a reply nor even notification that they have logged my enquiry. Version 2 from App World was free, version 3.0 in App World is the paid for edition, and I wonder if this is confusing the App World system. When I downloaded from Vlingo I was not given an opportunity to pay, as the direct version is an 0.7mb smaller file than the App World one I assume it's the free one anyway, so I'm stuck. I'd prefer to download the Premium Version if this issue has been resolved. 

I also wonder whether the ability to completely remove Apps would help. When I uninstall Vlingo it's obviously not completely wiped from the device because if I then re-download it the new version is downloaded to the exact spot on my homescreen that the previous version was, whereas a totally new App goes into my downloads folder. Perhaps the "trace" of a previous version is causing the glitch with the App World servers.

Would love to resolve this issue.

Take care,

Steve.
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

VLingo 3.0 can be installed directly by going to their website http://www.vlingo.com/ .
That is how I installed it (I live in Europe so I cannot use App World for now).

If you do that, you install the free version. You can then buy the full version directly at their website which is basically a code to input in VLingo. There is a very complete F.A.Q. on their site, including several questions about buying the full version.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor

I've been through this problem and I'll respectfully disagree with the comment about it being due to an unlocked phone.

I have an 8830 through AT&T, this is not an unlocked phone...it's a corporate phone on a BES server.

I received the "BlackBerry App World is having trouble connecting to the BlackBerry App World server. Verify your network connections and try again." for weeks after the App World first opened up.  I spent a few hours with AT&T, then RIM...finally the RIM guys uninstalled IPPP on the phone.  He thought the issue was something to do with my corporate IT policies.  Once we removed that, there were no more issues and the phone works perfectly, both on the BES side and the App World side.  Not sure that removing IPPP had any impact to it at all.  

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 9360
My Carrier: Bell

It's worth noting again that this particular error has multiple causes.

One is due to the fact that users on a BlackBerry Enterprise Server may be attempting to access App World through the corporate BlackBerry MDS Browser instead of the BIS Internet Browser. If the company has configured the MDS service to use a proxy that does not allow connection to the App World server, you would receive the error. By deleting the Desktop[IPPP] service book, App World is forced to use the BIS Internet Browser service book which does not route through your company's server.

The second (and seemingly common) cause is due to the use of unlocked devices from carriers that are not within a supported region (US, UK, and Canada). For now at least, App World is only available in these areas, thus devices from these areas may not be able to connect because they are identified as coming from somewhere else.

how do you go about deleting the Desktop[IPPP] service book, I do have an unlocked vodafone operating through t mobile so I ask if this problem is a fixable issue. 

Carrier: AT&T

Model: Blackberry 8220

OS Version: v4.6.0.174 (Platform 4.1.0.58)

App World Version: 1.0.0.30

BIS Plan

Error Message: "BlackBerry App World is having trouble connecting to the BlackBerry App World server.  Verify you network connections and try again."

I've tried when connected through just regular Data services (EDGE) and over multiple Wi-fi connections and get the error every time just before the Application would download. 

New Contributor

Re: Same problem here :(

*sigh* I now began to have this problem too.  I bought BigTinCanPro some weeks ago from Appworld.  I upgraded to OS .140 last week and two days ago I reinstalled the OS without any 3rd party apps because of constant battery drain.  All is fine since then so I'm reinstalling 3rd party app starting with BuzzmePro but I can't because I constantly get "BlackBerry App World is having trouble connecting to the App World server!" 

There seem to be ZERO solutions on this support forum from RIM, I just can't believe it!!!  How can I reisntall my apps?

Carrier: Bell Mobility

Model: Blackberry Storm 9530

OS Version: v4.7.0.148 (Platform 4.0.0.181)

App World Version: 1.0.0.30

Data Plan with web browsing.