Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Super Contributor
My Device: Z10 * Q10 * Z30 * Passport
My Carrier: Telkom Mobile

Re: STILL having BlackBerry App World is having trouble connecting to the App World server!!!!

[ Edited ]

Dear All,

I noticed this problem after I was prompted to upgrade 2 apps namely "Solverlabs Chess" & "YouVersion Bible". It was returning the error "Blackberry App world is having trouble connecting...."

Here is how I managed to fix the problem:

1. Open App World, then open My World (where it shows the list of apps installed)

2. Click/Press the bb.JPG on your phone to reveal the menu items

3. Select Log out and confirm you want to log out

4. Press the bb.JPG again while in App World, select Close

5. Open App World again, go to My World and open it.

6. It will ask you to login to your blackberry ID, put in your email/username and password then login.

7. Try downloading an app or doing an upgrade see if it works.

This should resolve the problem, it did fix it for me and I was able to upgrade my apps, no more annoying error. I am not sure why it does this, maybe we need to login/out once in a while or else App World server will force us to this way.

As for using unlocked phones, I am not sure but mine is from vendor ID 114 but using it on vodacomSA vendor ID 168 so it must be something other than vendor IDs.

My Device: Curve 8530
My Carrier: Sprint

Re: STILL having BlackBerry App World is having trouble connecting to the App World server!!!!

I tried the loggin out and loggin in again.  I had tried turning off the phone and turning back on before that.

I don't know why App World isn't working now.

Everything was working fine until this evening while I was downloading some apps (using the QR code on the screen).  I had just downloaded and allowed some permissions for BESTFlash (http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/2536?lang=en).  When I tried to download another app by using the QR code, I got the error message "BlackBerry App World is having trouble connecting to the BlackBerry App World server.  Verify your connections and try again.  (Error Id: 30000)"

I don't know why it is suddenly doing this, but it is.

I can stil connect to the internet without problems.  I do have the BlackBerry connected to our WiFi, but the Internet provider shouldn't matter, right?  I mean, I'm on Sprint and if not near a WiFi network, it would be the Sprint network  . . .

My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: NTT Docomo

I'm having the same problem today in Japan, using DoCoMo network. Smiley Mad

I've uninstalled it and then downloaded the new one  for my BB Bold 9700 but still the same.

Viewed many angry users.

WTF Blackberry?

My Device: Not Specified

Same problem here. Seems like a slight App World meltdown. Not good.
My Device: Curve 8530
My Carrier: Sprint

Maybe it was App World.  I left to watch some TV and came back.  It was working then.  I had something that wasn't downloading, but I think it was the developers fault, so then I did a hard reboot by removing the battery.  Put it back in and everything seemed to be working fine after doing that.

Highlighted
My Device: Blackberry Torch
My Carrier: Saskatel

Just bought a Torch. I am getting an error when trying to download apps.  Brand new phone! Says Blackberry App world is having trouble connecting to the BB App world server. Verify network connections and try again. Have tried logging in and out, tried battery pull. ALL other WIFI works, browsing internet works fine. I can browse the app store all I want. How can I have done anything wrong, it didnt work outta the box!

Why did I buy this phone if I cant get apps?

My Device: 8330
My Carrier: Boost

Mine doesn't work either and there's nothing wrong with my phone. It's a US phone on a US network. App World used to work, now it doesn't. I can browse the web and send/receive emails. But App world still says "BlackBerry App World is having trouble connecting to the BlackBerry App World server. Verify your network connections and try again." I've tried all the solutions posted here so far and nothing works.
Contributor
My Device: 9630
My Carrier: Verizon

I'm pretty fed up. I have no clue how long I've had the error but I have a feeling it's months because I normally don't back it up or update apps because I hate having to log back into everything.

I've tried a lot of fixes & so far nothing is working. I've also deleted Blackberry App World- no go.

Who has a fix?

BTW; how do I find out my PIN number?

Contributor

[ Edited ]

Well; I  fixed it.

sorry for being obnoxious on the large font...

I couldn't even load my world after logging out; so

I decided to make a new Blackberry ID with another email address.. it logged in successfully & started updating my ebay; it now works fine

I'll have to try logging in under the 1st account once my ebay is installed to see if my original user profile is corrupt.

Contributor

Ok, downloaded a bunch of updates under the new profile; all was well; I then logged out & tried my main profile & again I have the issue so my original profile is corrupt.

How do I get my old profile fixed?