Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8900

Re: STILL having BlackBerry App World is having trouble connecting to the App World server!!!!

Network: T-Mobile

Data Plan:  Unlimited BIS

Device:  Curve 8900

Firmware:  4.6.1.113

App World Version:  .28

Error Message:  "BlackBerry App World is having trouble connecting to the BlackBerry App World server.  Verify you network connections and try again.

I am having this same problem. I would really like to see this problem solved. There are many Apps I would like to download, but are only available through App World.

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 9360
My Carrier: Bell

Re: STILL having BlackBerry App World is having trouble connecting to the App World server!!!!

unknownuser01 wrote:

Network: T-Mobile

Data Plan:  Unlimited BIS

Device:  Curve 8900

Firmware:  4.6.1.113

App World Version:  .28

Error Message:  "BlackBerry App World is having trouble connecting to the BlackBerry App World server.  Verify you network connections and try again.

I am having this same problem. I would really like to see this problem solved. There are many Apps I would like to download, but are only available through App World.

Can you please PM me your PIN?

RoadWarrior, go ahead and update your client to .28.

My Device: Bold 9000

Has anyone found a resolution to this problem yet? I am still having this error with the .28 client.  I am using ATT BIS with an unlimited data plan with a Blackberry 9000 with .247 software.
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

I changed my client to .28 and am still having the error.  I Pm'd you my PIN as well.

Retired

It looks like people are getting this error for a vartiety of reasons. A couple of people that have PM'd me so far are running unlocked Storm's on AT&T which means they might not be getting the service books necessary to use App World. I'll have to dig a little to see if anything can be done about that.

For the others, I'll be looking into RoadWarrior's issue and homegeek if you want to send me your PIN in a private message I can check things out.

CerealBypass, i've also PMed you my PIN and a description of my problem with the App World server error regarding the game Guitar Hero World Tour specifically (everything else I can download)

App World 1.0.0.28

VZW unlimited web and email (BIS)

I AM using a different device than the one I originally used to download the game as I had a hardware problem.  See PM for details.

Thanks!!!

New Contributor

I doubt very much its a service book issue i have two storms 9530 and 9500 same service books 9530 works and 9500 doesn't. I'm on att by the way. Anyone that can find a fix for this problem please help us asap. Thank you
Retired

njsimons13 wrote:
I doubt very much its a service book issue i have two storms 9530 and 9500 same service books 9530 works and 9500 doesn't. I'm on att by the way. Anyone that can find a fix for this problem please help us asap. Thank you

What service provider is the 9530 on?

Att on 9530 the same on 9500.
Retired

Have you wiped either of the devices since having them unlocked? What service provider did they come from?