Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
My Device: Not Specified

Re: STORM-BDTM for MAC problems

[ Edited ]

I couldnt figure it out either but I did find that if your facebook is set as your calender status it wont sync.

I changed my calender "default services" from my facebook to my gmail account and it synced perfectly.

go to : options (on your bb) then advanced options

then select default services there you will see what they are change the one under CICAL from facebook to an email account and it should work fine let me know if anyone else had found that that had worked it worked for me so i just wanted to share the news 

Message Edited by skim on 10-02-2009 11:05 PM
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

My settings are already set to an email address...

Still getting nowhere I'm afraid.

Is it just the case that mac users would be best not to use BlackBerry's?

We shouldn't need to spend hours trouble shooting every bit of software that we use, it should be released when it's been properly tested and in FULL working order. I spend over £400 a year on the 'privilege' of having a BB Storm and the fact that there is still no desktop software that works properly is pretty jarring. 

The mind set of 'just get the program out and fix the bugs later' is a terrible way to run a business and just makes us 'consumers' unhappy and want to find something better.

When work is completed on fixing the bugs, please let us all know as soon as possible as a great deal of us now have an empty phone with no contacts...and a phone with no phone numbers is not great - unless we all want to go back to the 80's and carry a phonebook around with us.

Another unhappy BlackBerry user. 

Please release an update that sorts all the problems out.

Message Edited by stickkiller on 10-03-2009 04:13 AM
Message Edited by stickkiller on 10-03-2009 04:14 AM
New Contributor

Many thanks skim, it works perfectly now !
New Contributor

That worked for me, although I didn't have facebook as the default service. I just picked another default service email address and that resolved the issue. Weird, though, because it was working fine with the original default service. I suspect putting back the original one would still allow me to sync again, but I'm going to leave well enough alone.

Thanks for the help! 

Re: Cal Sync Issues for MAC problems

This worked for me as well... At least until it does it again since the first Default email I used was working fine until today.

Thanks anyways... 

BB users on Macs could always use Gmail to process calendars/contacts through to their BB. That was the loop Mac users have traditionally used to get around this fiasco. We need a sync application that just WORKS with iCal, Mail, Address Book. That's what we were promised in the promotion. That's what our Verizon guy promised when I purchased this a month before this pseudo-sync application was launched. "Oh, no problem syncing with Mac." I should have gone the iPhone route. Big mistake, I'm sorry to say.

Actually, you can even just select a new default services email address, save it, then go right back in and plug the original default services email account.  Corrected all 3 of the "sync error" messages I was getting.

God I hope Verizon and Apple hook up...C'MON VERIZON iPHONE!!!

New Contributor

Changing from Facebook to another email address for my calendar solved my syncing problem (I use a Storm with my Mac/Snow Leopard).  I don't get error messages anymore.

But I still find that not all my calendar events get copied to my Blackberry.  I use Entourage at work.  Any suggestions are welcome!!

how do I do that??  My calendar wont sync - dont even know what email I am using...I have facebook on my storm as well as 2 other email address' ....

Help - what a pain!

Regular Contributor
My Device: Storm

Crapware! That's what the problem is!

Damned crapberry desktop manager always screws up my phone. first i gave this errort KB19454. Pulled the battery. Then got this error... uncaught exception java.lang.NullPoint erException.... whatever that's suppose to mean.

Then rebooted again. No errors but my contact list is filled with the same contact name and it deleted information I just updated in address book. So without my permission this screwed up program deleted info from my address book. So now the desktop app is a security risk because it will not let you know before it alters data on your computer.

Usually I get this stupid message saying its g\om,

going to delte 1XX contacts on my computer. What the hell for? So I always have to cancel the sync and tell it to replace all data on my phone because it wants to destroy everything on my computer.

This will be my first... and last Blackberry that I buy.

So I restored my phone and let's see what happens now... useless... didn't fix my contact list. same old name repeated forever in the contact book. so what now? restore an even earlier restore????