Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

STORM-BDTM for MAC problems

Can anyone help.

I have a BB STORM and I downloaded the new desktop manager for MAC and can't get it working. 

When I try to sync it says:

The database cannot not be accessed for synchronization.

For help resolving this issue, refer to KB19454 in the BlackBerry Desktop Manager Knowledge Base.

It says this for Calendar, Contacts, Notes, and Tasks.

Nothing will sync and I can't find a 'BlackBerry Desktop Manager Knowledge Base' anywhere?

Can anyone at BB help?

Thanks

New Contributor
My Device: Curve-8310

Re: STORM-BDTM for MAC problems

Google, your new best friend.

KB Article 

New Contributor

Thank you for your reply!

I couldn't find anything on google so well done for finding that!

I did the steps for installing what PIM applications I could find that seemed to have something to do with the tasks I was asking to sync. It works once then the same error message comes up. I then have to go to applications and press the start button again, wait for it to all finish, then I can sync once more.

Is there any specific PIM's that i need to install on my device in order to get DTM working properly. I look at that list and can't see anything that really stands out??

Also where it says:

Workaround

Delete the Desktop CICAL service book record and undelete it from the service book options screen.  Completing this step will set the BlackBerry Enterprise Server calendar database back to the default calendar.

1. Eject and disconnect the BlackBerry smartphone
  2. On the BlackBerry Smartphone go to Options > Advanced Options
  3. Select Service Books and select the Desktop[CICAL] service book
  4. Produce the menu and select Delete
  5. Produce the menu and select Undelete
  6. Restart BlackBerry Desktop Software for Mac and perform a synchronization.

I have gone to my device and there is no  Desktop[CICAL]  in Options > Advanced Options?

Any clues why that would be?

Thanks 
Regular Contributor

"I have gone to my device and there is no  Desktop[CICAL]  in Options > Advanced Options?"

I don't have it either. Desktop Manager completely wiped my contacts and I can't sync a thing. 

Regular Contributor

Thanks for the link, but it was of no use.

I followed the instructions from the link and it worked perfectly for me.  Everything synced.  If the link does not work, type KB19454 into the technical solutions center and it should pop up.  good luck. 
Regular Contributor

Really. I'm not kidding. That link didn't do a thing for me. I'm not missing any applications which aren't syncing.

Also, typing the error code into the database turned up no documents.

New Contributor

I typed KB19454 into the technical solution center and it just pulled up the same link.

I can't find anything that explains why the Desktop[CICAL]  file is missing from my STORM.

Do we need to be installing a specific program to our device as well as to our mac to get this program to work?

Regular Contributor

I uninstalled and re-installed the Desktop app. 

I "was" getting the error code for Calendar, Contacts, Notes, and Tasks. Now, if I select each one individually, I only get the error for Contacts. Of course, it's choking on the most important one. All my contacts were wiped out, save for one contact, and it was duplicated 6 times. I cannot delete the contact, and I can't sync my other contacts.

This really blows.