Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

SYNC OTHER FOLDERS THAN INBOX

Hi to all,

I've installed a BES 4.1.6 with Exchange 2007 and all works well.

Now i've problem with an user that want sync other folder (about 10 folder und INBOX).

Now AFTER the activation I've from BES MANAGER choose the folders redirection and select the folder that the user want to sync.

After 1 day only 5 folder on 10 are partially SYNC and other 5 are empty. This 5 folders partial sync only latest 3 days anf not 1 week or 15 days

Any Idea how to solve the problem ???

Forums Advisor I
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Fido

Re: SYNC OTHER FOLDERS THAN INBOX

[ Edited ]
Setup folder redirection but it will redirect just post activation  msgs that arrives in that folder.
Message Edited by bbinmyhart on 12-16-2008 02:37 PM
Forums Veteran III
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

What if the user makes a full backup and you make a full wipe and synch again with all the folders he wants.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

What do you mean by full sync?

Use the desk top manager for synchronization rather than the enterprise activation ?
Forums Advisor I
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Fido

It is not syncing with your email folders but pre-populating during activation following two rules whichever is met first:

To populate messages by date, specify the maximum message age in days. Range 0 to 14 days.(default 5)

To populate messages by message count, specify the maximum number of recent messages. Range 0 to 750 messages. (Default 200)

This is set on the BES itself. Example ,assuming you changed these two settings to MAX. 14 days or 750 msgs.

if user receives 1000 messages a day he/she will get just 750 msgs. So not even one full day worth of messages.

If user gets 5 msgs a day he will get prepolutaed 70 mesages  (14 days x 5)

If you setup Folder redirection before activation and you have messages there that were sent within past 14 days they will get prepopulated too or else just new msgs will show up.

Forums Veteran III
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

You wrote that first you don't have any problem, the problem was when you add more folders to sync.

So my point is if the user makes a full backup with Blackberry Desktop Manager and after you make a full wipe on the device and synch again with all the folders he wants, maybe you don't have more problems,

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.