Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Blod 9700
My Carrier: Project Manager
Accepted Solution

Save my applications

Hello, do you know how to save all my applications with Desktop Manager 6 if I want to change my phone or the OS one day ?

thanks for yours anwsers.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Save my applications

Hello,

IMO, it is actually not best to take that approach. You see, the app version may or may not be compatible with the new OS that you change to. As such, my recommendation is to keep record of all of your apps (where you obtained them, record of purchase, activation keys, etc.) and then install them new after you change your OS. That way, you will be best assured that your apps will function properly under the new OS level.

Further, DM6 does not actually provide the functionality you seek. Rather, that is provided by 3rd party apps that I recall hearing about in the past...though I honestly can't recall any of their names right now (since I never use that approach).

Hope that helps!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Blod 9700
My Carrier: Project Manager

Re: Save my applications

thanks a lot for your complete answer. I will do what you preconize when I will update my 9700 with the OS6

Have a nice day