Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Saving Office Documents

I am a new Blcakberry 8310 user. With regard to viewing Office documents I can open and view documents that I receive as email attachments. What I was wondering is whether there is a way to detach and save these email attachments and have them available on my device for reading. I have a few Excel documents that I saved on my media card but cannot figure out how to access them. Do I need to purchas an add-in program to do this? If so, what program would you recommend.

On more thing. I was told at the AT&T store that Blackberry is working on releasing a new operaing systm that will allow viewing and editing of Office documents. I noticed on the DataViz website that many smart phone do include their Documents to Go software but not the 8310. Do you know anything about the prospects of Blackberry releasing a new operating system that will have the Document to Go or similiar software that we will be able to download without having to purchase an add in? 

Forums Advisor I
My Device: Curve 8900

Re: Saving Office Documents

Operating System v4.5 will have the standard DataViz DocumentsToGo included with it, and that will allow for viewing Word and PowerPoint files. In order to get Excel access you will need to purchase the DocumentsToGo Premium Edition, along with running operating system v4.5.

OS 4.5 should be out on all carriers by September of this year, if not sooner.