Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Saving applications on memory card

There are a bunch of helpful apps out there now. Once you install more than a few, you have little device memory left to download more and get more use out of your BB. Is there a way to enjoy a largeer amount of those apps on your BB by installing them to your memory card instead of your device memory? I have about 3MB left on my device ut over 3GB on my memory card.
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z30
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Saving applications on memory card

please search the forums before asking questions, this topic has been metioned many times. her is one of them

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=8300&message.id=44349&query.id=117419...

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

I appreciate the redirect, however, in my searches for this answer, there arent any posts I have read that clearly have a yes or answer. From what I am reading, It is most likely a no. It seems that many are possibly unsure how to do it if there is a way.
Regular Contributor
My Device: blah

[ Edited ]

I had the same question for my Curve 8310; the device memory's full cuz' apps are installed there, when my microSD card's got 7GB free.  The redirect wasn't much help; first of all, it didn't specify which Curve they were referring to; 2nd, it mentioned SD cards, which my Curve 8310 doesn't use - it uses microSD.

So if anyone has the answer to this question for Vette & I, it would be greatly appreciated: 

Can I install apps directly on a microSD card for the Curve 8310? Blackberry App world installs apps to device memory, which is now full, when I have 8GB free on the microSD.

Regular Contributor
My Device: blah

I did find this info from BlackBerry answers:

"BlackBerry App World™ version 1.0 does not support downloading items to a media card. To manage memory, you can remove and re-install items."

But this is specific to the App World; this leaves me wondering if it CAN be done, if I download apps elsewhere, such as through my provider (AT&T's Media)..?