Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Saving to memory card

New BB user.  Been told I need to purchase a memory card. Question, when I install programs, like MS Office Mobile, GPS mapping, pictures, etc....can I choose between saving to phone or to the card?  How is this done?  THANKS!!
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: Saving to memory card

hello,

the memory card for the Blackberry is a... multimedia card. On this memory card, you can store music, ringtones, images, videos, texts, ppt, doc, xls. You can't install anything on it : Applications and themes have to be on the Blackberry internal memory (that is very small on a Curve only : 64MB).

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

I installed a memory card to my blackberry curve.  Under status for media card, it says that all the space is free.  But my bb shows that memory is full.  It's doing that great thing where is randomly erases messages and numbers in my call log.  I don't know why it is not using the memory card since i have 1.8gb free on the card.  Any ideas?
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi Toolman, and welcome to the forums.

Here is a link that shows what the limits are for media cards according to your operations system

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB05461

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi Staciier,

Pleas do this:

Go to the main page of the forums, find the grey  bad and select new message.

This will open your own thread, and more people will read it, therefore more solutions.

Your problem is quite different from the originators.

In your new post please include the file free and file total numbers

Options- status

I believe you are having memory issues that can be resolved.

Thanks,

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter