Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Rigers

Screen Issue/Physical Damage (Bold 9700)

So I've dropped my phone a few times (We all have!) but this time when I dropped it, it didn't seem to be able to fix itself. It's a Bold 9700 and I was out at a bar and dropped it. The screen was white... but it had a purpleish/magenta tint to it as well. I could see the original wallpaper if i tried REALLY hard, but no, it was useless. I noticed there was a small black mark on the left side of the phone too. I tried posting a picture... but it's not working but hopefully you all get the point anyways.

I realize it's probably physically damaged, but just wonderinfg if you guys know of any quick fixes, etc. Please help me out! Thanks all.  

My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Screen Issue/Physical Damage (Bold 9700)

Hello seand31 and welcome to the BlackBerry® Support Community Forums.

To see if this issue is hardware related, you could do a software reload. (see KB11320 How to perform a clean reload of the BlackBerry Device Software for Windows or KB19915 Perform a clean reload of BlackBerry smartphone application software using BlackBerry Desktop Software on a Mac computer).

If the screen remains white after reinstalling your software then you will need to contact your point of sale for hardware repair options.

Hope this answers your question. 

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!