Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Screen Locking and Battery issues

Lately, when I lock my device, it has been very slow to unlock. I do a battery pull, and it improves when I restart the phone, but as time goes by it gets slower and slower. I am running os .83 and I have a feeling it can just be a little bug in the beta release. Any one else having this problem?

Also, I am noticing my battery life is getting worse by the day. Again, I feel it might be due to .83. Might be some of the bugs. I am a strong believer that they leak the OS's so we all can find the bugs in it before the official release.

Any ideas?

" if you can't weather a storm, then you shouldn't have one"
Forums Advisor III
My Device: STORM 9530 on VERIZON 552 kbps

Re: Screen Locking and Battery issues

battery life:  make sure you are closing apps when you are done.  turn off the internal gps when not in use.  turn off the bluetooth when not in use.

i am running .83 and everything is running fine.  

If I or another member have helped, be sure to click the KUDOS!!!

If your issue has been solved, please resolve this thread by marking the post which solved it for you!

4.7.0.122,SLACKER, FaceDial,Poynt, Myspace, Weather Midlet, You Tube, Tiltris, logMaid, Youmail

http://www.rimblackberrystorm.webs.com

My Device: Not Specified

Okay so this is probably a stupid question but do all Apps have the option to close under the menu button ?
Highlighted
Forums Advisor III
My Device: STORM 9530 on VERIZON 552 kbps

yes, when you are done with app, it is good to close it (helps free up memory and save battery life)

some apps you cannot fully close (when on the home screen press and hold the bb button, this will show you all of the running apps, and you will notice when you close them, they still remain here.  these are the ones that will always be open)

If I or another member have helped, be sure to click the KUDOS!!!

If your issue has been solved, please resolve this thread by marking the post which solved it for you!

4.7.0.122,SLACKER, FaceDial,Poynt, Myspace, Weather Midlet, You Tube, Tiltris, logMaid, Youmail

http://www.rimblackberrystorm.webs.com