Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Screen Problems with Storm 2 9550 Verizon

ive had the same problem not very often but when i click my end button it will beep at me and do nothing so i do a battery pull and all is fine

Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Storm 9550

I've got to admit.  I've had my 9550 for at least three weeks now and have not had that problem at all.  I've had a few other minor glitches, like not being able to find the Ticketmaster.com app that I've downloaded several times,  But other than that, knock wood, mine has been working fine.  As long as I don't run web intensive apps too often, I can get a full day's battery life on it.  I've taken to carrying a spare battery (from my old 9530) around just in case.

New Contributor

I just got my Storm2 yesterday and am having this problem too.  I have had issues with all of the buttons at the bottom and have tried to answer a call by pressing Answer with nothing happening. I also had a problem  where while on a call the person at the other end could here me but I couldn't hear them.  Back to Verizon, I guess. 

I'm having the same problem, took it back and they said that if i got a new handset it'd just do the same thing. I was told to plug it into the computer and see if there was a software update

Trusted Contributor

take it back i took mine back for the same problem and they gave me a new one right at the store

New Contributor

Had the same problem with mine and took it back today... I have a new one now so hopefully it was just the handset.

Visitor

I am so glad it is not just me. I have just bought 3 of the Storm 2's on a Vodafone business contract. Within 3 weeks we have 2 faulty Storms with the same fault.: Screen locks up, does a sort of double click and you have no control over what you press. Can't end calls or answer them! DOes anyone have a quick fix? I have had terrible service from Vodafone who have said outright that there are no problems with the Storm 2s.

This is my 1st Blackberry experience, I have to say that I cannot see what all the fuss is about. There is no point talking about its functionality as a business tool if it can't even make or answer calls! My 1992 Nokia could do that! Never mind being a usefull tool, at the moment it is a liability costing me lost business. 

At which point does a poor design and build quality prove to be unfit for service so that Blackberry have to look after their customers?

Right now I could not recommend people against all things Blackerry and Vodafone any more strongly!

Does anyone have any advice? Please! . . . .

Visitor

I am having similiar problem with back button sticking and frequently pushing like actuator as described. It does appear to be grounding issue from what I can tell. I have the rubber cover, but this only works with it off. Try this. Take the storm, put it on a hard surface with the bottom half off the table, but enough that if you pulled your hand away it won't fall, then use your thumb just on the bottom outside edge for support and try to push the back button with index finger (it won't push for me) then take any finger from your other hand and touch the bottom battery cover and keep it there, it pushes everytime for me until I pull my finger away from the cover. mine made in Mexico. Thinking about getting a new one. Hope this helps. Let me know if this test works for you.
New Contributor

ive had that same problem. i really thought i was alone. its so annoying because im not on plan i bought the phone full price and i am in the caribbean so that makes me wonder.. if i reloaded the firmware would my phone lock again?

Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

spiceman26 wrote:

if i reloaded the firmware would my phone lock again?

No, once unlocked, always unlocked. Nothing will change that.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code