Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: 9550
My Carrier: verizon

Re: Screen Problems with Storm 2 9550 Verizon - DEAD EASY FIX

This is definetly the fix. Be careful not to loosen too much or screen will feel like its double clicking. Great fix good job. by the way I took mine to Verizon this morning, before I had seen this fix,and they did not have a clue. they ordered me a new one which will be here in 2 days, will probably have the same issue. I am calling tech support and telling them they need to pay attention to customer fixes it will alleviate a lot of their quality issues.

Contributor
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Screen Problems with Storm 2 9550 Verizon - DEAD EASY FIX

I have the multiple click issue, too.  Press on the screen and it seems to vibrate rapidly.  How did you fix yours?  Battery pulls don't work for me.  About all that I can do is to press very hard on the screen for each letter.  And this doesn't always work.  It seems the screen has a a very light touch.

Contributor

Screen Problems with Storm 2 9550 Verizon - Piezo Vibrate

Well, I got frustrated and whacked the Storm2 on my desk (not very hard and it's in a Speck case) and guess what?  No more vibration.  For now.  This is my second Storm2.  I had a pre-2/22 model that had the hard-to-press problem and swapped it for one dated 3-17-2010.  Both have the piezo "vibrate" issue and the new one still has the hard-to-press problem.  I loosened the screw 1/4, 1/2, and 3/4 turn and still have the issue.  SurePress sure hasn't impressed me.

My Device: Blackberry Storm 2 9550

Re: Screen Problems with Storm 2 9550 Verizon

I haven't yet tried the screw-loosening technique on my phone, but I am on my second Storm 2 in two months and frustrated.  I returned my first to the Verizon store where I purchased it, after my screen had locked up at least 10 times in a couple of days, about three weeks after purchasing it.  They seemed surprised that a Storm 2 had a problem (yeah, right).  They had no replacements in stock, so they shipped me one overnight. 

It came in a FedEx box, just loose inside...in a plastic bag.  When I got it started, it turned out to be a used phone, probably returned and reconditioned...it even had someone else's daily alarm programmed into it.  The phone has worked fine...until today.  The screen locked up, just as before and I had to remove the battery to get it working again.  Is it true that RIM has issued a revised model of the 9550?  If so, I'm going to Verizon and demanding one...sealed in a Blackberry box.  I love this phone, but am getting really fed up!!!!

My Device: Storm 2
My Carrier: Vodafone

I am currently onto my second Storm 2, went into 2 Vodafone stores yesterday and was talking to the assistant in there, i asked had a lot of people reported problems with Storm 2 handsets on Vodafone, he replied with yes, infact i have one and i am having the same problem!!, He advised me to contact customer service and demand a different handset altogether.

I took my phone into the second Vodafone store and handed it over, explained the issues i was having, the assistant replied - WE HAVE TAKEN ALL STORM 2 HANDSETS OFF OUR SHELVES AS WE CAN NOT COPE WITH THE AMOUNT OF COMPLAINTS WE ARE RECEIVING - She then  told me to contact customer service and demand a different handset.

She then sent my phone away to be repaired (Yeah right), but it wouldnt be ready until the 20th April!!, I guess i will probably get it back and get a couple of days normal use out of it until it freezes and drops calls again. I called Vodafone customer service as advised and explained the problems i was experiencing, The assistant had no knowledge of Vodafone pulling all Storm 2's off the shelves? (Has anyone else heard this?), any way i asked for a different handset altogether and she replied "See how it goes when you receive you Repaired phone back and let us know. Well i'm not full of confidence based on the comments from both sales reps in the stores, guess i'll just have to see how the "Repaired" phone performs!!

My Device: Storm 2

My screen decides when it wants to work. It freezes constantly and the screen will completely shut off half of the time but the phone will keep working. I have the storm 2 which verizon just gave me because of problems with my past 4 storm phones. Any ideas on how to make the screen work continuously?

My Device: Storm 9520
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Screen Problems with Storm 2 9520 Vodafone UK

Yep, I'm getting the same problem.  Had the phone 6 months now.  When the screen freezes I cant put the password in so I can't make calls!  When it freezes a symbol appears top right of screen, it has two triangles (Pointing Down) and what looks like a 3d flat screen underneath, is this trying to tell me something? 

Can anyone advise please?  Don't really want to take the phone back again.

Thanks.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

the only fix would be for a new os update. wait until a new os is releases and see if that will solve the problem.

Solutions: 6,398
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook

spiceman26 wrote:

the only fix would be for a new os update. wait until a new os is releases and see if that will solve the problem.

That's not the only fix, but it is the least invasive.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: 9520
My Carrier: rogers

What I dont understand, is if we are all having these issues why has there been no recall for this issue....it is clearly defective and 500.00 for a defective item is robery