Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: Bell

Screen Rotation Stopped Working

[ Edited ]

Hi my screen has stopped rotating when I put the device into a landscape axis.  I have seen many post about people who want to disable this feature but I like it and now my device has stopped doing it.

I have no idea how this happened, any ideas how to restore this feature?

Shane W.
Solutions: 6,376
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Screen Rotation Stoped Working

With the BlackBerry device POWERED ON, remove the battery for a minute, and then reinsert the battery to reboot.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor

Re: Screen Rotation Stopped Working

I have removed the battery while the device was on and left it out for 5 min's this did not correct the problem?

Shane W.

So, to be clearer, when you move the device to landscape orientation, it locks there and will not go back to portrait orientation?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

No When I have the device in portrait and I turn it to landscape the screen stays in portrait mode.

Shane W.

shanewilson600 wrote:

No When I have the device in portrait and I turn it to landscape the screen stays in portrait mode.

OK, do you have have the keyboard extended?

With the keyboard IN, does the screen rotate to horizontal?

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

If I hold the device in the landscape postion and open the keyboard and close it, I get no response from the device.

When I do this in the portrait mode when I have a new message open I can see that the keyboard icon in the bottom left corner of the screen becomes enabled when close and disabled when open.

This all started to happen when my battery got completely drained, not sure if this event would have anything to do with this problem.

Shane W.
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Have you loaded any 3rd party applications or themes?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Highlighted
Contributor

I have no themes installed, and only 1 thrid party application ' The WeatherEye Mobile' from http://www.theweathernetwork.com/mobile/weathereyebb 

I have removed this application, and I am still facing the same problem.

Shane W.
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

I would make a backup of the device using Desktop Manager. Then I'd do a security wipe of the device. Go to Options >Security >Security Wipe and wipa all your data. Then try it again. If that doesn't fix it then its likely a hardware issue and you'll need to get a replacement.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!