Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

Screen Totally Frozen on BlackBerry Bold 9900

I have a brand new (opened from the box 2 days ago) BlackBerry Bold 9900.  I am not exactly sure what is going on with it, but i cannot get it to do anything.  The device is totally frozen and the screen is completely non-responsive.  It doesn't matter what buttons I push or not, the device won't do anything at all.  Thus, I can't even get it to "wake up" enough for me to unlock the screen.  I have removed the battery a few times to get it to re-start and I still can't get the device to do anything at all.  This is obviously incredibly frustrating, so I'm hoping that there is some kind if fix for this.  Thanks!

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Screen Totally Frozen on BlackBerry Bold 9900

Hi tstylem

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Sorry to hear about your bad experience with your new Bold 9900 .

But can you confirm if you recently installed any application on your bold or installed a new theme or wallpaper ? If you have then please try to boot your device on safe mode :

KB17877How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in Safe Mode

On Safe Mode delete any recently installed  app from Options > Device > Application Management > On that list delete and application which you think might be responsible . Perform another reboot after deleting .

So please try to remember if you made any changes before this problem appeared , which you can undo or delete on safe mode .

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

Thank you for your reply.  I have not installed anything yet on my new device.  I did try to start the device in Safe Mode.  It brought me up to the point where I needed to enter my device password.  However, I couldn't type anything at all as every key I pressed didn't actually do anything, and then the screen went all black and now I still can't get it to wake up.  I'm not very technical, but it seems like the keys on my phone don't actually do anything as no matter which keys are pressed, the don't affect anything on the screen.  Does that make sense?

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Hi tstylem

There are few methods to try regarding your issue , If your device is not allowing to type a few words even on Safe Mode then I would suggest contact your Carrier AT&T  as it is just a day old device , it might be an hardware problem or a software problem,you can always try the software section but not the hardware .

So please contact your Carrier and if they were unable to fix or suggest anything fruitful then ask for a replacement .

Good luck.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.