Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Screen Trouble! Won't Turn On!

It is odd though, it isnt like the screen is completely broken.  If you repeatedly tap it to keep it from dimming down it will stay on.  Now while you have it on you still have the other problems, but the screen does work.

Before I go in though I read somewhere about reloading the os?  Any input on that?

New Contributor

Do you have a skin on your phone to protect it?  I think it causes it to overheat......that is my theory!!! 
Visitor
My Device: 9530
My Carrier: Telus

Hello,

I've been running into this issue a lot this week. 3 seporate cases to be exact. I am a cell technician and I am baffled by this problem. I've gone as far to wipe and reinstall the entire operating system. Still no luck. I've had the phones appart and found no physical or liquid damage. It seems to me like a serious issue with the video processor. Has anyone found a fix for this?

New Contributor
My Device: 9520
My Carrier: rogers

i am haveing the same issue, but mine goes to dark and black about 5 times an hour I too have disected the storm and found nothing wrong with the insides..I am hoping it is just a screen issue and can be fixed with a new one

Highlighted
Visitor

Any updates on this thread?  I'm experiencing the same problem, and don't want to buy a new screen if that isn't the fix.  

Does anyone know if the video proc is part of the screen unit?  I'm worried if that is the culprit, and it isn't part of the screen unit, a new screen wont solve anything.

Thanks