Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Storm 9500
My Carrier: Vodafone Essar India

Re: Screen and buttons stopped working.

Sir,

Thankyou for your immediate reply. I took out the battery & card immediately after your reply. I will place them in the Rice bag, hoping to get the problem solved & would write back after 3 days about the result.

Regards,

Gaurav K Rajurkar

Model No.: Storm (I) 9520

Desktop Manager Version: 4.7

Carrier: Vodafone Essar India

New Contributor

Sir,

I tried the rice bag formula of three days but unfortunately it didn't work & the screen is still blank. I tried to take back-up of the data with Windows 7 after three days i.e. today & this time was successful. I also Synchronised the Contacts, Memo's, etc. in the Microsoft Outlook & was successful.

I request you to guide me to Wipe the Handset before sending it for repair & let me know if the back-up files with extension "ipd" (1592kb) & "cab" (250kb) are successful back-up files of my data.

Thanking you.

Regards,

Gaurav K Rajurkar

Model No.: Storm (I) 9520

Solutions: 6,358
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

You can do a security wipe on the device at Options > Security > Wipe Handheld. Follow the directions there.

Gaurav14 wrote:

let me know if the back-up files with extension "ipd" (1592kb) & "cab" (250kb) are successful back-up files of my data.

That appears good to me... I can't actually tell anything except that your IPD backup file is about 1.6 MBs in size, and your other CAB is likely your third party applications.

Good luck.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Sir,

Thanks for your early reply. I already said that the main problem is the blank screen & due to it I cannot "Wipe" my Storm 9500 through the Device.

Request you to guide me in "Wiping" the data through Desktop Software.

Regards,

Gaurav K Rajurkar

Highlighted
New Contributor

Sir,

I also checked with my earlier back-up files"ipd" & they are from 1150 kb to 1600 kb. I feel that the back-up is successfully taken & the "cab" files are "cabinet files which has some files like wordpad, files with extension ".bak", etc.

Request you to guide me in "Wiping" the data through Desktop Software.

Regards,

Gaurav K Rajurkar