Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Pearl 8100
My Carrier: Rogers Canada

Screen flashing, blinking red light, won't power on.

Hey folks.  Got a problem.  

I put the phone on to charge as normal when I got home.  All seemed fine.  I'd been using it through the day with no issues.

I just looked at it now, about 11 hours later, and the screen is flashing white with the little hourglass, the red light in the top corner is flashing, and it will not power on.  The keypad is unresponsive.

I have tried removing the battery to reset it, plugging the charger back in, taking the charger plug out, hitting the power on/off key, and trying the buttons on the sides, to no avail.  Any idea what's going on?  I practically live attached to this thing, and I really need it for work Friday night.

Has anyone seen this, and how did you fix it??

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Pearl 8100
My Carrier: Rogers Canada

Re: Screen flashing, blinking red light, won't power on.

Never mind all, fixed it myself.  Removed the memory card and the SIM for 30 seconds, put them back in, and it powered up as per usual.  No further problems.  

Still would love to know why that happened in the first place though.  It had never happened before, in the 2+ years I've had this phone.