Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Regular Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Screen protectors

[ Edited ]
Got my phone at Circuit City. They had the screen protectors too and they put mine on for me.
Message Edited by ricshome on 11-24-2008 12:11 AM
Regular Contributor

You shouldn't have to pay anyone to do put the protector on...that's part of Verizon's service.  Good luck and enjoy your new BB!
Regular Contributor

One more thing...my former phone was the 8830 and I never used any protection, but then again, it was a much smaller screen...I just used the cloth I use to clean my eyeglasses and it never looked bad!

New Contributor

nice. I'm loving the phone. thanks for the info.

Contributor

I picked up my Storm 9530 after Christmas. I currently use 8703 for work (enterprise) no voice, just email only (no browers or SMS, IM etc). What a fun gadget to have. I am enjoying it.

Mine from factory came with protector installed. Is it wise to remove the original and install a "Clearcoat" protector?? If you Google "clearcoat" or some call it "rockguard" it should pickup several of them. I did manage to find someone in my city who does/install these "clearcoat" protectors. I am supposed to see him tomorrow. Only concern if this clearcoat will hinder sensitivity of the fingers touch? Is it just finger pressure or also picks up heat??

Does anyone have any thoughts??

zimer

Regular Contributor

I left my factory-applied protector on, and it's working fine. Initially, I actually tried to remove it and found that it was very well applied. So far, no scratches after a couple of weeks.

The folks at Verizon thought that there was no factory-applied screen protector on the phone, but I showed them that there was one. They seemed a bit surprised. Had I not seen a couple of bubbles when I looked at the phone initially, I wouldn't have known that RIM already applied one. 

Visitor

[ Edited ]

Has anyone ever removed one of these "permanent" screen protectors? My Verizon Wireless tech put mine on yesterday, and today I'm noticing a small area where an air bubble has developed. I've tried to "smooth" the air bubble out, but I can't.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: curve 8530
My Carrier: at&t

BodyGuardz Privacy ScreenGuardz are custom designed to protect your BlackBerry 

http://www.bigntallapparel.com