Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

Screen will not stay off

Everytime i have my torch outside of the holster the screen will never turn off, even if i press the lock button, the screen will go off and then back on in less than a second. this is becoming quite annoying and is draining my battery

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Screen will not stay off

Same thing for me exept that it does not not turn off at all. Even for a second.and I am no longerable to lock the screen.
Weird.
New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

i figured out what was wrong, I have an app called chain reaction downloaded, and if i exit the game without pausing the game, i have this problem.

My Device: Not Specified

I downloaded a card game and whenever I hit then end key and not the back key to exit the game I have this same problem. Have to make sure to exit the app.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: O2

Screen will not stay off

i have a similar problem. I have just got my 9800 and even though I use the key lock button, after about 6-10 seconds the screen comes back on and the touch screen is live. If you press any of the buttons the screen says that the key lock is on but the screen never switches off and I have already dialed people in my pocket.

It's a shame as this is the only thing that i can find that is a down side to the phone.

i moved from a Motorola XDA because my eyesight isn't the best anymore and would love to have a fix for this.

it is a brand new phone with only the software being updated to 6.0.0.246.

I did not notice the version previously and before the update it did turn the screen off, can't verify if the keylock worked at that point though.

Please someone help it uses all the battery and keeps me awake lol

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: O2

As a supliment to my last post.

Since I have checked the sofware revision and looked at the 'About Device Version' screens and scrolling through the 4 screens it appears that the key lock now works. The screen no longer stays on all the time although it would be nice to have a 2 key screen lock as the button is easily pressed when in my pocket..

So if you are having the same problem as I have described i suggest that you go to' Options, Device, About Device Versions' and scroll through the 'Blackberry,Java, Nuance & Acknowledge' screens to see if it solves it.

Contributor
My Device: RIM BlackBerry Storm 2
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

(

As a supliment to my last post.

Since I have checked the sofware revision and looked at the 'About Device Version' screens and scrolling through the 4 screens it appears that the key lock now works. The screen no longer stays on all the time although it would be nice to have a 2 key screen lock as the button is easily pressed when in my pocket..

So if you are having the same problem as I have described i suggest that you go to' Options, Device, About Device Versions' and scroll through the 'Blackberry,Java, Nuance & Acknowledge' screens to see if it solves it.

) Let me try this pou, see if that works!!..

http://www.techwench.com
Highlighted
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: ATT

I tried scrolling through the screens under device options, and also went to "switch applications" and saw my flashlight ap was still open. So exited that also. And now it works, so not sure which one fixed it. 

Thanks for the advice!

Gianna