Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Bell

Search Tool Fail

So my search tool doesnt search. Yes I've done a battery pull. Yes I've verified that the correct items are checked off in the search application.

Please advise.

Also, before you tell me to backup my device and wipe it, I have to tell you I'm not doing that again until they fix the problem where the software only backs up one of the phone numbers associated with your contacts. If I have a contact with multiple phone numbers, they are not all backed up. And if you think I'm writing them all down, your nuts.

Help appreciatedSmiley Happy

Solutions: 6,380
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Search Tool Fail

Wow.

What does your search tool do?

Please remember one thing... This is a user-to-user community support forum. We are not RIM employees, but volunteers who enjoy assisting other users. You would have noticed this in the EULA and message upon registration.

We don't know what you've done, what someone else has asked you to do and what has failed.

If your device is only backing up one phone number per contact, you've got greater problems than a failing Universal Search Tool.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Search Tool Fail

My apologies for sounding rude. Upon reading my post I see how it could be taken. It was not my intention to sound nasty, just tired things going wrong with my phone, and getting the same response in terms of a fix Smiley Happy