Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: BLACKBERRY FLIP 8220, 8900, storm
My Carrier: Tmobile
Accepted Solution

Securing Media Card Content

I have the Blackberry flip 8220, and I have a 1GB micro sd card with tons of music, pictures, and video that I am able to view when I open up the "MEDIA" option from the menu!

The problem is that like everybody else I have certain pictures and videos on there that I do not want others to see if they grab my phone trying to be nosy. I dont want my content to be accessiable once they click on the media category.

For Example: I click on Pictures and it displays ALL of my pictures that I have on my media card right away without giving me any folder options to choose from like my Nokia use to do, even though I did setup different folders that I organized on my Media card from my computer it just displays everythin and I dont like that. 

I Know that when I am in the pictures section, I can click on "PICTURE FOLDERS" and it will show me all my folders that I can browse through. But If I hit "ALL PICTURES" it shows exactly that... ALL MY **bleep** PICTURES!

When Im in the "VIDEO" section It does not give me any options what so ever, It just list out all the **bleep** videos I have on my card, Which again I dont like!

So to sum this all up I need to know what is the best way for me to protect My Media Card content from being viewable just by clicking on "VIDEOS" OR "PICTURES".  Like can I password Protect my "VIDEOS" or "PICTURES", or is there a way for it to prompt me to put in a password before it displays all my content, and im not talking about the device password like when I lock my keyboard, because thats just not the answer im looking for, I need to know how to specifically set a password to prompt up everytime I want to access any of the media on my card.

Big Bain
Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: Securing Media Card Content

This option is not available in any BlackBerry device by default. You can look for 3rd party application for the said purpose. I've come accross but will let you know if I find something.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Contributor

[ Edited ]

Funny you should mention that because that is exactly what I went looking for after i posted this.

I went to the handango store and saw a few apps by typing in security for the 8220, but i was not sure

if they would do the job, because the app did not specifically say that it would do what I was looking for. 

So yeah, I hope you can find an app that will do the job, so everybody can know about it and use it to solve this same problem. Because I really dont want to pay for one of those apps not knowing if it will actually do what I need it to do.

Keep me updated if you find anything, and I'll let you know if I find something myself.

Thanks again

Message Edited by bigbain on 01-13-2009 08:35 PM
Big Bain
My Device: Not Specified

I was playing around and have found what you looking for, when you click media, highlight pictures, click menu, which you will see help, view, explore, receiv using blue tooth, option, ect...click options, scroll to exclude folders, check mark the folder you don't want to show, then save.  to see the hidden folder, click menu and click explore, there you will see all folders including the hidden one, same for video folder...
Contributor

Thanks!
Big Bain
New Contributor

Yes.....but is this good enough????  Does it requre some sort of password prompt to still protect media you dont want others to see?
Highlighted
New Contributor

Actually, I have a BB 8330, and i cant even find that selection that you mention to "exclude folders"......HELP PLEASE!!!!! i have too many pics i need to keep private.

THANKS