Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

N2A
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: STC

Security wipe

Hi,

I just done a security wipe on my Bold 9780 as I changed my mobile provider and started using a new and different sim card.

It appear that the previous email address was not completely erased. My device is still asking me to validate the old email address by entering my password. When entering the password and validating the request, I get a message that the operation cannot be completed.

Any idea how get around this?

Thanks.

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Security wipe

Hi N2A,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community.

Its possible that the BlackBerry® Internet Service account that you had with your previous wireless service provider is still associated with your BlackBerry® Bold™ 9780 smartphone. Are you able to login to this BlackBerry® Internet Service account from a computer to remove the email account from it? If you are not able to do this, I would suggest contacting your previous wireless service provider to remove the account's association to your BlackBerry® Bold™ 9780 smartphone.

Hope this helps.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

N2A
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: STC

Re: Security wipe

Hi Frankie,

Your answer is spot on! I had my device software reinstalled and its works fine now.

Thanks for answering, really appreciate it.

N.