Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: Orange

Selected Add Device Instead of Switch Device Blackberry Protect

I made the mistake of selecting Add Device instead of Switch Device after a reset of my device when using Blackberry Protect.  Is there a way to recover my backkup from a before?

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Selected Add Device Instead of Switch Device Blackberry Protect

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

You've already recognized your mistake, but here's the relevant KB anyway:

• KB31489 BlackBerry Protect for BlackBerry smartphones does not display any backup files to restore

Every time a formal BB person has posted on this question, the answer has always been "no".

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: Orange

It was a simple mistake and as soon as I did it I realised.

I would have hoped that BB would keep other backups for a period of time just in case people make this mistake.  The annoying thing is that I hadn't manually backed up my device as was using Protect for a very long time Smiley Sad

Fingers crossed they can help.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

I encourage you to take a look (in detail) at the link from my auto-sig on this post for good backup procedures to use. Protect is nice, but it only backs up I think 8 of the dozens of databases that the Desktop Software backs up. Hence, while I consider Protect an important component of a good backup process, I do not consider it anywhere near to a complete backup solution.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................