Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Send Contact Info

Sorry for the dumb question, but I couldn't find any answers in the forums.  How do you send information from your contact list to another person?  Here's the issue - I was at lunch with a co-worker and she said, do you have Antia's contact info?  Sure I do was my reply. She asked me to send it to her and I have no idea how to do that.  Can I send her a txt with the contact info in it or how do I send it to her?  She was using a Palm if that makes a difference.  Also is there a way I can send my personal business card or contact information?
New Contributor

Re: Send Contact Info

The Palm OS allows you to beam contact info from one device to another using infrared built into most of their phones, so the person you were with is used to being able to do this.  Blackberry's cannot.  However, you should be backing up your data on a computer or server.  If you use an Outlook interface you can email a vcard from your desktop.  This will send the info without having to retype.
New Contributor

OK, I understand that and thank you, but there is no way I can send it from my Blackberry to her email while were sitting together?
Highlighted
Super Contributor
My Device: Q10 OS 10.1, PlayBook (WiFi 64 Gig)

When you compose an email, simply Click the Menu button (button to the LEFT of the trackball) or the Scrollwheel, and select Attach Address.  This will bring you to your BlackBerry's Address Book to select the contact info you want to send.

If the email is received on a BlackBerry, the attachment can be viewed and then added to the Recipient's Address Book.  The attachment is sent in the fairly universal .VCF format, so most people should be able to open the attachment and/or save it into most PIM applications.

Jerry