Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: AT&T
Accepted Solution

Sending Emails Using different Addresses

I use gmail and I have all my other addresses forward their mail to my gmail account. However having only my gmail account on my blackberry doesn't allow me to reply to messages using the email address they were sent too. This gets my professors confused sometimes when they send something to a school email address and get a reply from a very different gmail address. Is there a way I can just recieve the emails from my gmail account on my blackberry but still send emails using all of my addresses. Please help.

Solutions: 6,419
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Sending Emails Using different Addresses

No, not exactly.

One, your system of fowarding other accounts to the single account isn't the best set up afterall. You could have all accounts pushed directly to the device, unless there is some overiding issue keeping you from doing that. That setup would allow the ease of reply from the same account to which it was sent.

On a BlackBerry, it will ONLY reply from the account to which the email was sent. You can't change that, and you cannot "send using" an email account you don't have pushed to the device, which really only is logical.

However, in your BIS setup, where you enabled the gmail pushed to your BlackBerry, you can set a "reply to" section in which you could enter your school account, or whatever you choose. This will not change the sending account, but it will give a proper reply to address.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

What I ended up doing to skirt the shortcoming in the B mail app not supporting e-mail aliasing is to load up a 3rd party app that allows aliased IDs, specifically LogicMail works great. So I get my pushed mail through BB mail and when I want to reply or compose a note I bring up logicmail.

Stunned that the BB mail app gets in the way of aliasing,

Frank

Solutions: 6,419
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

It's a security thing, something of which most users don't really need and employers don't care for.

You could always install the email account to your BIS anyway.

But your workaround works, good going.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

I'm new to BlackBerry so I'll have to investigate the whole BIS thing...  not exactly sure what it's all about.

Thank you for the pointer,

Frank

Forums Veteran I
My Device: BlackBerry 9900

BIS = BlackBerry Internet Service.  It's a web client that allows you to set up e-mail accounts to push to your device.  Basically the same functionality as the onboard device setup wizard.

Who is your carrier?  Be happy to provide you with a link to the BIS URL for your carrier.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** If I've been helpful please consider clicking the LIKE BUTTON beneath my post.
*** Please remember to mark your thread as "Resolved" by clicking on OPTIONS to the right of the post and selecting "Accepted Solution."
New Contributor

Carrier == AT&T.

Thank you for making the research easeir. Smiley Happy

Frank

Forums Veteran I
My Device: BlackBerry 9900

No problem.

The URL for the AT&T BIS is att.blackberry.com 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** If I've been helpful please consider clicking the LIKE BUTTON beneath my post.
*** Please remember to mark your thread as "Resolved" by clicking on OPTIONS to the right of the post and selecting "Accepted Solution."