Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 9630 Tour
My Carrier: Telus
Accepted Solution

Sending Pictures

When I send pictures via BBM the receiver gets the pictures very small. When people send them to me I get the full screen. Anyone have any ideas if there is a setting my phone is one to send a small picture? Or is it the phone receiving the picture that has the problem?

D'Arcy

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Sending Pictures

It depends on the OS version of the receiver's device as well as the version of BBm they are using.

Usually it shows up small in BBM but if they save the pic, it will be a little bigger.  Make sure you and your BBM friends are using the most up to date version of BBM (www.blackberry.com/messenger) and also the most up to date OS for their device.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Highlighted
My Device: Tour 9630
My Carrier: Sasktel

I have the same problem.  My wife and I have the same 9630, same software amd have the exact same phone settings, yet, yet mine sends out small pictures in BBM, and hers are full screen.  She has tried saving them, and doesn't make a difference.  Have tried a few differetn people with different BB's and different software, all get small pics from me.  Any ideas?

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

So, your device os AND bbm version are exactly the same? Your camera settings are the same?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Bold 9900, Playbook , HS-700 headset
My Carrier: Rogers

I'm with Mr.Clark on the skepticism...

The new BBM (v5.0.1) had increased the image sizes for better viewing.

Go to Setiings>Options> advanced options> applications and compare the two versions.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1). Please thank those who help you by clicking the Like Button beside the 'Reply' button.
2). If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution" on the correct post!
3). Remember to have fun! We are all in this together!
4). Follow me on Follow Raelic1337 on Twitter

My Device: torch
My Carrier: att

I'm trying to upload pics but comes back...file error must be 300x300 pixels any ideas?