Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Sending approval by email from Blackberry

In my company we use the Microsiga's ERP (Protheus) and we can approve the purchase orders by email from Outlook. However we can't aprove this same email from Blackberry because we receive the message in text format.

Is there any way to receive this email in HTML so that we could approve purchase order by blackberry?

Tks in advance,

Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: Sending approval by email from Blackberry

HTML formatted emails can be viewed straight from your device if you have BIS upgrade 2.5 and device OS 4.5 . Most of the carriers are now on BIS 2.5. What you need is device OS 4.5 which might be open for all by the end of September this year (unofficial sources).

If you want to have it now then try some 3rd party applications like Empower HTML email viewer for the said purpose.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Tks so much for your promptly reply. But believe or not, I'm not user of Blackberry, but all my managers. What I want is to be sure that this email which they can aprove the purchase order works on Blackberry.

In this way, could you give me an overview what's BIS 4.5 ? OS4.5 I believe it's the op.sist. version of BB. Right?

In the end, I understood that I couldn't approve purchase order by BlackBerry. Right?

Regular Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Classic- AT&T
My Carrier: AT&T

Hi.

BIS  (Blackberry Internet Service) is given by the Carrier (AT&T , T Mobile, Verizon, Sprint etc)

Version 2.5 is the latest version.

The new O.S. is 4.5.  However, while it is offered by Vodaphone in the UK, it has not been offered, as yet , by the above mentioned Carriers.  If you go to the Blackberry site you could download the 4.5 OS, however, it is not recommended until your carrier offers it to correspond with their BIS.

The big diffference in OS 4.5 is, as I understand it, HTML Email viewing, and better Media programs (Not Roxio!).

Having some major problems with Roxio Media.  I suspect 4.5 will take care of the problem.

Hope this helps

Writer~

Thanks,

Writer~