Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Sent email message issue

I'm a new BB owner and am having difficulty with an email setting. When I send or reply to an email I get an alert and the sent message shows up in my inbox. Its as if I'm being alerted to the new messge in my email's “sent” folder. Please advise where and how to change this setting. Thanks in advance. Michael
Highlighted
Super Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9530

Re: Sent email message issue

Do you have a gmail account?

** Don't forget to resolve your post with the accepted solution.
New Contributor

Yes.
Regular Contributor
My Device: 8310

If you are using Gmail you can setup a filter on the BIS site. Go to your phone companies BIS site and select filter then tell it everything from you to not send to handheld. If you have any questions let me know.
Super Contributor

Tanzim Wrote in his post:

Cause of the issue

Gmail webmail accounts do not have separate sent items and inbox folders. The Gmail account web page contains a Sent Mail link on the left side, but this is not a separate folder from the inbox. Gmail webmail messages are grouped into conversations, resulting in all sent messages and replies from others appearing as a single email message entry in the inbox. This allows for easy reading and viewing on the Gmail web page, but, when integrated with the BlackBerry Internet Service account, results in copies of sent email messages arriving on the BlackBerry smartphone as new email messages.

Resolution

To prevent sent messages from returning to the BlackBerry smartphone each time, create a filter in the BlackBerry Internet Service account to block the sending of those messages to the BlackBerry smartphone.

To create a filter, perform the following:

1. Log in to the BlackBerry Internet Service account. For instructions on how to log in to the BlackBerry Internet Service account, see KB03781.
  2. Click the Filters icon next to the integrated Gmail account.
  3. Click Add a Filter to create a new filter.
  4. Configure the filter so that email messages are not sent to the BlackBerry smartphone if the email message originates from the Gmail webmail account integration:
  • Type a name for the filter into the Filter Name field. For example, My sent Gmail email messages.
  • Set the Apply filter when field to "FROM" field.
  • Type the Gmail webmail address into the Contains field. For example, <user name>@gmail.com>.
  • Select the radio button beside Do not forward messages to device.
  • Click Add Filter.

Note: After creating this filter, email messages will not be received on the BlackBerry smartphone if sent from the Gmail webmail account.

Source: KB10332 (with graphical depiction)

New Contributor

Gentlmen,

Sincere thanks for your assistance. Filter applied, issue solved!

Super Contributor

Glad we could help my friend....anymore questions.....just post them and the eggheads here (myself included) will try to help you out.

Where is the filter option on the blackberry curve?

I've been going to Internet settings, email accounts and looking for the filter but it's not there.

I also went to messages, options, and there's no filter options there either. This is driving me crazy!

Where are the filter options???