Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

Sent items from Blackberry not appearing in Outlook sent items

I used to use hotmail and all sent items appeared in outlook sent items, I am now using outlook and they are not.  Please explain in very very simple language using no IT terminology(!!!) how I make my blackberry sent items show up in outlook!

Thanks

New Developer
My Device: Bold

Re: Sent items from Blackberry not appearing in Outlook sent items

When you used hotmail and outlook, I take it you used to send all your email using outlook?

Items you send on your blackberry should show up in your sent items on the hotmail website, but the sent items in outlook is separate, and will only show emails you actually send from outlook. It doesn't pickup sent items you've sent from the hotmail website or your blackberry - this is a limitation of outlook and hotmail, rather than blackberry.

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Set up your email accounts to cc you and type in your address. Then in Outlook create a rule for all emails from your email address to be moved to your sent folder in Outlook. I have mine set that way and it works like a charm.

You will end up with unread emails in your sent folder though, but you can easily mark them as read.

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Curve 8900
My Carrier: O2

I have tried just as you suggest but the rule does not work. Any idea why? Thanks