Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve
My Carrier: Virgin

Sent message has tick next to it but not received?

[ Edited ]

Hey,

My name is George, and I have quite an important question to ask about a message I sent on the Blackberry Curve. The message I sent had the tick next to it, which I know means it has been sent. My question is, does it also definitely mean it has been received?

The reason this is so important to me is because the particular text I sent to someone was absolutely critical, and if they simply ignored it then our relationship simply cannot continue, as it means they have done a dreadful thing. I wish I could elaborate more but I can't. As an aside, sent texts only ever get the tick treatment on my phone, it isn't set up for the 'D' or 'R' options to be relevant.

This has never happened on my phone before with a ticked message (obviously some of them haven't gotten through and this has been properly displayed with the correct symbol) but one extenuating factor is that the text was sent from a place I have never sent from before, though it was from a place that was actually getting full bar coverage.

If someone could answer this question I would truly appreciate it. Just really hoping someone confirms that ticked texts aren't always received.

Thank you.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Passport/ Curve 9320

Re: Sent message has tick next to it but not received?

R and D notifications only apply with BBM not on text messages.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
Click if you want to Thank someone. If Problem is resolved, so that others can make use of it.
New Contributor

Oh OK, thank you. Any idea about the tick thing and whether that means the message was definitely received?

Forums Veteran I

I believe that feature exists on OS5 devices, you will see a D on the check when the SMS is received, not so sure for other OS's. But it would depend on your carrier still.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
Click if you want to Thank someone. If Problem is resolved, so that others can make use of it.
Forums Veteran I

Here's what I suggest:
Remove your battery and sim, put it back on (without the sim). Then go to your messages, go to OPTIONS, go to SMS, click Delivery Reports to ON. Click save.

reboot your phone with the sim card this time. If this still doesn't work. Contact your provider. Because other carriers disable this feature, confirm it with them.

Good luck, Smiley Happy
New Contributor

Thank you for the help Mondi, but I don't think I made my question clear enough in the original post. I'm absolutely fine with just having a tick next to sent messages as that's how it's always been. I just really needed to know, given the importance of the particular sent text, whether messages with the tick next to them can ever not have been received for any reason? I'm hoping so as if the particular text was ignored then that's not great news for a particular relationship.

Forums Veteran I

That's the problem. We won't know for sure if it's delivered or not. That check is not to trust. I tested it now texted an old unused sim card, I get the check even the sim is not plugged. So, that's bad news.

Well, I only hope the best for your relationship. Good luck.
New Contributor

OK, thanks again for your help.