Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Separating EMAIL boxes, not just the SMS and email

Is it possible to set up the phone in such a way as to have 2 emails account go to separate folders? I have my work (Desktop) account and my personal Gmail account on the phone and I wanted to keep the messages separate. How can I do this?

Thanks 

Contributor

Re: Separating EMAIL boxes, not just the SMS and email

Are your email accounts already linked to your phone? Because, when I hooked up my email accounts, it automatically made seperate folders in the menu for them.

Funny quote-- " Want an Iphone theme? Buy an Iphone."
New Contributor

It made a new folder for the Gmail when I added it, but there is a folder titled "Messages" that seems to be a catch all for both email accounts.
Contributor

You know, I been doing some reading, and people been saying there is really no way to do this. There may be a way to do it with message filters, which I dont know how to do. But the only way that people have done it is by downloading themes for their phone that seperates them. Maybe someone can help you make filters for them, but thats all I can do for you. Smiley Sad Sorry.
New Contributor

1) That is dumb that RIM didn't think people may want different inboxes..

2) Do you know of any of the themes that would allow this separation? 

Contributor

1). Yes that is very true.

2). Yes I do, But they  are for the bold. Once again sorry, i'll look though, and I will tell you if there are any.

Trusted Contributor

I think what Joey95 said earlier is correct re: the storm automatically setting up a separate folder for each e-mail.  If you have the phone set up to have multiple e-mails but don't see multiple e-mail folders, check to make sure you didn't accidentally hide one.  From the mail screen, hit the BB button and choose "Show All".  Also, while I don't think you can completely get rid of the catch all "Messages" folder that collects all e-mails, etc . . you can hide it if you don't want to see it.  Simply highlight the folder, hit the BB button and choose "hide".
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Hi!

Lemme see if I can clarify this a little bit...

The BB will always have a Messages icon and it will always contain all email from all accounts configured on the device. When you create a POP/IMAP account via BIS, that will create a separate icon on your device for that account -- but those emails will continue to reflect in the Messages icon. Typically, the one account that you cannot easily get a separate icon for is BES (e.g., corporate) email...so yes it's a pain to wade through Messages looking just for your corporate email amidst all of the other stuff. But, there are solutions.

Your BES admins can have a separate icon pushed to your device for your corporate email. See this article for the instructions.

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB15003&sliceId=SAL_Pub...

You can obtain an add-on app that creates the sepatate icon. See this site for the information.

http://www.getempower.com/Empower_BES_MailBox.php

Now, I don't think you actually mentioned BES...but these are the solutions that work in that environment. If you aren't BES and still don't have separate icons, then I'm not sure what the issues would be aside from the other advice already given. Once you get all the separate icons you want, you can hide away the Messages Icon -- but beware...Messages also contains (by default) SMS/MMS, PIN and other types of messages. So you might still need to refer to it should you receive any of those (though you can, on the Storm, separate out SMS/MMS).

Best!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Contributor

How could you use filters to separate them?

Creating a filter to delete them (or not to forward them)... wouldn't that also cause them not to appear in the Personal Inbox Icon?

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

sugardaddy wrote:

How could you use filters to separate them?

Creating a filter to delete them (or not to forward them)... wouldn't that also cause them not to appear in the Personal Inbox Icon?

What? Can you restate all of that? I can't quite figure out what your question is...

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................