Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Separating Emails NOT SMS ISSUE

Hello -

The other day I stopped receiving work emails and had to delete an email account from my blackberry and then re-enter it. It started to work and I now receive emails from work and gmail.

I have seperate emails one for work, 1 for gmail.  An email would come in and it would mark it as a new message in the correct folder for the email account it came into.  It also would be marked as a new message in the Messages icon.  So it was seperating them fine.

Since the deletion the other day my gmail works fine.  Email goes straight to that account, marks it as new.

However, my work email no longer goes into my work account.  It only goes into the main message folder where it is marked as new.  Basically not being seperated.

I appreciate your help - i keep seeing how to seperate SMS from emails and that isnt my problem.  My problem is seperating emails accounts from each other in the right list.

THANKS

Contributor

Re: Separating Emails NOT SMS ISSUE

I should state these are seperate INBOXES.  I have looked through the forums and many people say they keep the indiividual inboxes hidden.  I like to see mine because I answser works email faster then personal.

Like I said though gmail is going to the correct inbox but my work email (also a POP account) is not going to the correct inbox.  Thanks - its driving me crazy

Contributor

Can anyone help with this?
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Storm 9500

Hi Lisacase,

I suspect the reason that your work email stopped working is because your organisation has moved from the Blackberry Internet Solution to a Blackberry Enterprise Solution. If this is the case, it is also the cause of your "combined messages" problem.

You can confirm this by going to Options -> Advanced Options -> Enterprise Activation on the device. If the status is showing "Activated", then you are using a BES.

The BES will direct all work emails to a combined icon, along with the gmail messages. There will also be a second icon, just for the gmail messages. Unfortunately this cannot be changed.

If you were still using the Blackberry Internet Solution for both work and gmail messages, they would show as separate icons automatically, as this is how the Blackberry Internet Solution is designed.

Contributor

Unfortunately this is not the case.  Work did not switch to using BES and it is not activated on my phone.  My work uses a POP email address.

I have 2 separate inboxes for email.

1 for gmail. When it receives an email the red astrick star comes on at that inbox and when i scroll above it it says I have an unread message.  I also get the star and new message in the main message folder. It keeps the message in the main inbox and my gmail inbox.

1 for works POP.  When an email comes into my work email it only shows the astrick and new message info on the main message inbox. However, I still see the email in the inbox and the main message inbox.  I am just not see the red star and new message when I scroll over that inbox.

SMS/MMS separate into their box fine, no problem.   

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Storm 9500

That being the case, I can suggest a couple of things

1. Check email settings: go to Messages, press BB button, then select Options. Go to email settings and ensure Display Message Count is set to "Unread" rather than none. If this doesnt work, try the following...
  2. Delete & Resend service books for POP email account on device. You will need access to your Blackberry Internet Service account online to resend these service books once they have been deleted off the device. NOTE: ONCE SERVICE BOOKS HAVE BEEN DELETED FOR A PARICULAR ACCOUNT, THE DEVICE WILL NO LONGER RECEIVE EMAIL FOR THAT SPECIFIC EMAIL ADDRESS, HENCE THE NEED TO RESEND THEM FROM BIS ACCOUNT ONLINE.

Go to Options -> Advanced Options -> Service Book. Find your POP email address on the list, highlight the item, press BB button and delete. There will be more than one entry. After these have all been deleted, leave the device ON, and remove the battery. Replace battery after 5 seconds. Wait until device reloads & then resend service books from BIS service online.

Contributor

thank you

Seemed to work.  Service books separated correctly and the test email I sent went to the correct inbox.  

THANKS