Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: 9930 Bold, 9850 Torch, PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Seperate Subfolders on the BB screen?

Hello Everyone,

I have a question regarding BB Folder Reconciliation.

Is it possible to seperate the subfolders that are reconciled? Instead of compiling them into the Messages box on the device screen, is there a way to display them as seperate boxes?

User is on a 9930 and I have another user on a 9850 Torch who wants the same thing.

Thanks in advance!

- Russell

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Seperate Subfolders on the BB screen?

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Nope...that is not part of the design. The actual icon isn't even any folder at all...rather, it's a Messages List, containing things from various folders, depending on a number of settings. Many people think that the Messages icon is an Inbox when in reality it's not that, but just happens to reflect only Inbox items due to the configuration settings.

In any event, there is only the ability to have separate Messages icons for each integrated account, but no deeper.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: 9930 Bold, 9850 Torch, PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Re: Seperate Subfolders on the BB screen?

Finally had to bite the bullet and post, sometimes google doesn't have every answer.

Ohh, how I wish it was part of the design....

Rgr that, thank you for the info!