Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

New Contributor
My Device: Storm2 9550
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Serious issues BlackBerry Desktop Software 2.0.0.64

At this stage I can virtually guarantee I am moving away from Blackberry.  Whether I go iPhone or Droid I'm not sure yet.

Carl

New Contributor
My Device: bold 9700
My Carrier: rogers

Us too! A family of four.
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: KPN

Hi All, I have had extensive contact with RIM support and they tried to help me solve the problem and did a good job. I am able to sync everything and the only issue is Wifi sync and they were able to reproduce the problem and this will be fixed in an upcoming release.

So my advice is to open an official ticket and support will get back to you and look into your specific case.

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Vodafone

I've been running circles round the BB support site, but only seem to come across BB Server support. How do I open a ticket to get my Desktop software issues solved?

New Contributor
My Device: storm
My Carrier: verizon

i have the same issue.  although, my came on suddenly.  one day bb desktop manager was recognizing my device (and mounting them on my OS)  the next day it didn't.

my mac:  imac running the lastest snow leopard build

my phone:  storm (gasp..yes, it's the first one) running OS 5 something or other.

any suggestions?

My Device: 8830

I'm having the same issues.  Anyone find a solution?

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Vodafone

As a stop-gap I now use MissingSync to at least get my calendar en contacts in sync. Although it works, it is far from ideal and very unstable. It crashes once every three or four syncs. But when it works, it gets my calendar en contacts across, so I am moderately happy with it.

Still, I would think a company like RIM with a long trackrecord in business phones, would at least make sure their software is up to scratch before putting it on the market. Rather surprising that it isn't...

New Contributor
My Device: storm
My Carrier: verizon

also, as a stop gap, without having to use missing sync, i restart my computer.  yes, in the how-to-get-any-windows-program-to-work fashion .  the program seem to work the first time after restarting the system.  dont' know why, but ti seems to want to behave.  i also stopped syncing any media.  that seemed to help as well....hmmm...maybe it's the media sync that's problematic.

any ideas?

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Storm2 9550

Update:  If your MacPro freezes when connecting your Storm (or other Blackberry) via USB do a search for the following driver:  com.rim.RimBlackBerryUSB.plist and remove it.  Once I removed this driver the freezing issue was resolved.

This problem was found and addressed by an Apple tech at the Genius Bar - no help came from RIM on this issue!

Carl