Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: KPN

Serious issues BlackBerry Desktop Software 2.0.0.64

First I was very pleased to see the 2.0 version for the Mac was available and I installed it straight away. After hours of trying to get it working I decided I have to give up. Reboot, reinstall, delete, restart BlackBerry nothing seems to solve my problem.

The problems:

- BlackBerry Desktop Software 2.0 crashes after startup as soon as a BlackBerry is connected (it does show my model, pin, etc. but after that it freezes

- When it does not crash and I try to install Wifi Media Sync I can get to the step of installing it on my BlackBerry but then again everything freezes and Desktop Software crashes.

My Mac:

MacBook Pro 4Gb memory, 2.53Ghz processor, Mac OS X 10.6.5

My BB:

Bold 9780 - v6.0.0.285 (bundel 863, platform 6.5.0.54)

I tried everything but the next step of wiping my BlackBerry and do a reinstall looks pretty hefty.....Any suggestion or anybody else having this problem?

My Device: Not Specified

Re: Serious issues BlackBerry Desktop Software 2.0.0.64

Same here, at least in the past I could make full backups of my device (9700) but now I can't do neither sync, backup or update my device. I'm really upset about this.

Visitor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T / Fido

You're not the only one having issues with it.

I downloaded it and when I tried to go into the apps to reinstall BB OS6, it kept telling me that I didn't have the latest version of the desktop software and would tell me to download it. It was a vicious cycle that went on for over an hour. It finally decided to update itself but now when I go into the apps, I don't have an option to reload the OS on my 9800...

This sucks. Arg!

New Contributor

I am currently in touch with BB support and they have asked me a bunch of questions. Tonight I will have a good look at these and will provide this information so they can hopefully help with this.

At this point I have got it working once and it looks like to be the wifi sync part which is causing issues. Will keep you posted.

Contributor
My Device: 9780
My Carrier: Vodafone

Hi. Did you ever get your 9780 to connect to your desktop software on your mac.  I'm having exactly the same problem.  

Backup works with some devices but not my specific 9780.  Like you, it will see the device but simply can't connect properly to back up.

New Contributor

Can't exactly recall how I got that part working again but I uninstalled and also deleted some stuff in the library, ran Onyx, etc.

Syncing, etc. works fine but touching the part with Wifi-Sync will cause trouble. Maybe that I with cleaning stuff up deleted the Wifi enabled option so it now works. 

A RIM tech guy is looking into it and I delivered several crash reports, files, etc. but it seems that reproducing the problem is very difficult.

Contributor

Thanks for coming back to me. I'll try that.  I've removed and reinstalled the Desktop Software but it hasn't helped.  I only use it for backup once a week so I guess I'll speak to RIM.

New Contributor
My Device: bold 9700
My Carrier: rogers

Has anyone figured out if there is a fix for this whole lack of synching issue?  I knew I should have insisted on an iphone.  Not being able to synch my ical onto my bb 9700 is a royal pain.

New Contributor
My Device: Storm2 9550
My Carrier: Verizon

The same issue has occurred with me and my Storm2.... Intermitantly, when I connect my blackberry, Desktop Manager starts then my MacPro desktop locks up - I have to power-on reset my desktop to get it started again.  No other software does this to my desktop.  Very disappointed in the software which, on the occasion that it did work, was fine.  But software that freezes my computer?

Has anyone heard anything from RIM on a solution or what is going on?

Carl

Contributor

I'm stil waiting to hear from RIM.  Clearly a major bug if so many of us are having problems.  Had to back my device up via my windows pc!