Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 8900 Curve
My Carrier: Vodafone

Server Certificate Error messages

I have used my 8900 curve for over a year but in the last few days I keep getting error message come up

saying either bbm.voip.blackberry.com or rcp2.eu.blackberry.com server certificate contains different domain name then gives my Wifi BT .net address?

This keeps coming back - I have seen on forum that some people have taken phone back to version 6 of BBM and this has cured problem but I cant see where to remove BBM version 7 so I can reinstall the older version?   Is this a common problem with the BBM7 update?

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Server Certificate Error messages

Hello kforkate

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

First perform a Battery pull restart by removing the battery while your device is Powered On then try those steps in a sequence :

1- Register your Handheld .

• KB00510 : How to register a BlackBerry smartphone with the wireless network
  • Wait till a Registration messages comes in your message box.

2- Resend your Service Book

• KB02830 : Send the service books for the BlackBerry Internet Service
  • ( Wait till a Registration Message comes in your message box for each email that you have configured on your device )

3-  Then perform a battery pull restart like this while the device is powered On remove your battery wait for a min. then reinsert it back

Please verify if you still getting the same error , if it is then Go through this KB :

KB15204 : Wi-Fi enabled BlackBerry smartphone prompts the user to trust a new BlackBerry certificate when connecting

The problem is not with BBM7 , if you want previous version of BBM you get it easily but Before downgrading try those steps , if it fails let us know. 

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Trusted Contributor
My Device: blackberry curve 9320
My Carrier: vodafone

I have a similar problem ever since I upgraded to version 7 bbm I keep getting error messages when I connect to wifi you are attempting to open a secure connection but the servers certificate isn't trusted
Elite II

Hi Porcha

Please try those above steps in the same sequence, if error persists then refer to Knowledge Base article and follow those instructions as suggested within KB.

Try it and let us know .

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Trusted Contributor
My Device: blackberry curve 9320
My Carrier: vodafone

I have tried all of the above a few times problems still there is there no way you can trust the certificate?
Highlighted
Elite II

porcha24 wrote:
I have tried all of the above a few times problems still there is there no way you can trust the certificate?

Hi there,

Then please try this Knowledge Base :

KB33968 : "You are attempting to open a secure connection, but the server's certificate chain is not valid." displayed after upgrading to BlackBerry Messenger 7.0.X on the BlackBerry smartphone.

I hope it will help.