Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Service Book for Storm on MTS RUS

I have unlocked Storm device that I want to use in Russian MTS network.

Now the GSM only works with no access to the Internet what so ever.

How can I get the service book?

Please help.

Thanks, 

Contributor

Re: Service Book for Storm on MTS RUS

Hello Maxfree1,

If Russian MTS does not have the BlackBerry Storm themselves, then they do not actually have the service book to send to your smartphone. If that is the case, you will need to get service through a carrier that sells the BlackBerry Storm, then you should be able to get all services for it.

New Contributor

Thanks for ur answer

MTS is the only provider which offer bb phones and the storm is not one of them

I saw a wbsite to download the service book and load it to the device using backup restor feature in DM

However, it works for all bb phones which have hardware keyboard unlike the storm

I ll post the website later
Contributor

Hey maxfree1,

Even if you do restore service books from a backup, they will still be from a different mobile provider, and will not work with your current providers network. 

Cheers!

Regular Contributor
My Device: storm 9500 on vivacell

Max, did you solve the problem? my storm is on Vivacell Armenia, which is in the MTS group, and I have the same problem... recently, after upgrading to the OS 5.0.0.425, MTS service books appeared on my storm, but still I can't use the browser. what about your phone?

New Contributor

I solved the problem by installing custom service book. After that every thing worked. I didn't find any attachment tool here so I couldn't attach it for you.

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

can you send it to {edit} not sure will it work for vivacell, but I want to try...

Edited to remove personal information

New Contributor

Sorry your Email has been removed by some cleaver guy or robot.

Put it in like that for example  max free at nmail com

I ll remove spaces and put the dot.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Hi there.

FYI -- please don't post personal information in the public forums...doing so is a really great way to invite even more spam. Rather, these forums have a Private Message feature -- use that to exchange such information.

Best.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

ok sdgardne, thanks!