Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Reply
New Contributor
Posts: 7
Registered: ‎06-10-2013
My Device: Device field
My Carrier: Vodafone

Service reply message is too Loud

Hi , 

I am using BB Bold 9900 . And I have a vodafone Prepaid connection .

After making a call or sending an sms , I am getting the service reply which shows the balnace and all with a LOUD beep sound .

And I did not find any settings for this .

 

Any idea how can I stop this ?

 

Even I called to Vodafone care to stop that service reply , but they said this is not possible .

Hall of Famer III
Posts: 57,612
Registered: ‎11-28-2008
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Service reply message is too Loud

Hello,

Many carriers provide this notification automatically on their pre-paid accounts as a service to tell you what your balance remaining is so that you can top up before you run out. And, as they said, it's fully automatic and not changeable.

Normally, this will be one of the various notifications, the tones for which you control within the Sounds or Notifications app on your device. It is likely a normal SMS, so you would need to change your configuration for that message conduit to something more pleasing to you.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
Posts: 7
Registered: ‎06-10-2013
My Device: Device field
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Service reply message is too Loud

HI ,

You said

"so you would need to change your configuration for that message conduit to something more pleasing to you."

 

Which configuration settings I need to change ? Can you please guide me how can I change ? I already changed all the settings but still the same issue I have .

 

Do you have any  idea , if in future Blackberry is going to release some kind of Patch to fix this kind of issue ?

Hall of Famer III
Posts: 57,612
Registered: ‎11-28-2008
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Service reply message is too Loud


sandip109 wrote:

HI ,

You said

"so you would need to change your configuration for that message conduit to something more pleasing to you."

 

Which configuration settings I need to change ? Can you please guide me how can I change ? I already changed all the settings but still the same issue I have .



I don't have your service provider, so have no way to know what messaging conduit those come through. If they come as SMS, then that's the one to alter. But if they come in via some other conduit, then that would be the one to alter. I have no way to know what conduit they come to you through.


sandip109 wrote:

Do you have any  idea , if in future Blackberry is going to release some kind of Patch to fix this kind of issue ?


I'm not convinced that there is anything "broken" to "fix"...perhaps you just have yet to find the correct setting. But, again, since I can't see you and don't have your service provider, I cannot replicate. Given what they told you, it's also completely possible that you cannot affect this, and that it cannot be changed at all. I have no way to validate that, however.


Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
Posts: 7
Registered: ‎06-10-2013
My Device: Device field
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Service reply message is too Loud

My service provider is Vodafone India and the service reply does not come as sms , it coms as a pop up message .

So now can you please help me how can I reduce the sound ?

Please let me know if  yo need any other information of my service provider or phone .

 

And also I have one more question regarding the Red light alert . For me the red light is glowing if I get an sms , if I am getting a call . But it is not glowing if I missed a call .

I mean , if I get an sms or any BB message and it is still in unread status then the red light is still glowing for some time .

But I am also expecting the same when I missed a call . If I missed a call then the light also should glow for some time .

Is this a feature of BB or I am expecting some thing more ?

Hall of Famer III
Posts: 57,612
Registered: ‎11-28-2008
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Service reply message is too Loud


sandip109 wrote:

My service provider is Vodafone India and the service reply does not come as sms , it coms as a pop up message .

So now can you please help me how can I reduce the sound ?

Please let me know if  yo need any other information of my service provider or phone .



Again, I don't have your service provider nor your type of service, so I cannot replicate what setting must be changed. If none of the settings within Sounds or Profiles affect this, then you cannot affect it. But, again, I cannot replicate it for you, so I cannot give you specific instructions.


sandip109 wrote:

And also I have one more question regarding the Red light alert . For me the red light is glowing if I get an sms , if I am getting a call . But it is not glowing if I missed a call .

I mean , if I get an sms or any BB message and it is still in unread status then the red light is still glowing for some time .

But I am also expecting the same when I missed a call . If I missed a call then the light also should glow for some time .

Is this a feature of BB or I am expecting some thing more ?


Again, all that you can control in this regard is within the Sounds or Profiles application on your device. For missed calls, it is a long standing function that the missed call indicator does not continue for very long, and if I recall correctly there is no way to adjust that. But, again, you digging into Sounds and Profiles to see what you can do is what matters most now.

Good luck!


Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................