Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Set up 2 email accounts?

When I purchased my Blackberry curve they set up my AOL account but I also use a Yahoo account for business emails only.  I added the Yahoo GO! 3.0 but it doesn't notify me of emails unless I log on to the Yahoo link.  I want to know how to set my phone up so it notifies me each time I get an email like my AOL account does.  HELP!
Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: Set up 2 email accounts?

Go to E-mail Settings icon on your home screen. Login using the user name and password (if password used during initial setup).  Go to Email Accounts under services and select Add An Email Account to integrate your email ID. Yahoo go will not give you pop up. Only integrated mail IDs in BIS account will receive notifications.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

New Contributor

I understand this thread is very old, but why make a new one?

I just got my curve, and I still can't figure out how to set up multiple email addresses.  I don't have an E-Mail Settings icon on my home screen, even when I select "Show All."  In the email setup wizard it only asks about my work email.  Is it possible that my company IT department could have disabled this application to prevent people from using the device for personal use (even though that sounds nothing like my company...).  They did open it and set it up for me with my work account and all that.  Anyway if someone could help me and make sure I'm really not missing the elephant in the room I'd appreciate it.

New Contributor

One other thing that is weird, when I click on "BlackBerry Messenger," nothing happens.  So maybe IT did do some customizing...
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

[ Edited ]
It's vey possible you have an IT policy reagarding your phone. I would check with them first.
Message Edited by Bifocals on 08-11-2008 11:14 AM
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor

Ok I will.  I just wanted to know if this kind of customization was even possible really, because the IT guys on the phone were joking with me about how fun BrickBreaker will be, and my boss explicitly told me to use the phone for personal reasons and get rid of my cell phone.

I guess in the end i'll just have to keep accessing my email through my browser then, thanks.

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

You can try going to your carries BIS site and setting it up from there.

If you specify your carrier I can give you the link!

The IT guys are just jealous about brickbreaker Smiley Happy

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor

I know it's been a while since you posted this but I'd like to get clarification on the statement "Yahoo go will not give you pop up".

Here's what we'd like to do:

We've got a shared IT dept BB which is configured with an Exchange account through a Blackberry Enterprise Server. We need an alert method for when the Exchange server goes down.

One thought is to setup an additional email account on the phone, a gmail account for instance, and have it ONLY handle "Exchange server down" messages but if the second account will not give us some sort of announcement (pop up / noise / etc.) then it won't help.

The alternative is to setup an SMS modem (broadband card) on our alerting server to send an SMS message to the phone but that would be rather complex and costly (~$60 per month).

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Scott