04-14-2009 11:19 PM
I'm interested in augmenting the functionality of the clock program. Two questions:
1. Is it possible for a third-party app to set the clock's alarm time? (I'd like to, for example, autoset it to 7:00 AM if I have a meeting at 9:00 AM)
2. Is it possible for a third-party app to set the sound file that the clock plays to wake you up? (I'm interested in having a server generate an audio file that, via text to speech, says something like "Good morning. It is Monday April 15th. Don't forget your dentist appointment at 2:45 PM".
If the above aren't possible, it would always be possible to write a custom alarm program. In that case:
1. How would the program see that the device had been put into the cradle?
2. How would the program make itself the top-most program like the clock does?
3. What is involved in "bedside mode"? Setting the display to use a lower brightness, turning off the keyboard backlight: Anything else? How are these things accomplished?
Sorry, lots of questions here!
04-15-2009 03:10 AM
Here's a thrid party alarm app that seems to be what you're looking for
04-15-2009 02:02 PM