Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Developer
My Device: Z10, PlayBook
My Carrier: NA

Setting the clock's alarm time and sound file

Hi all,

I'm interested in augmenting the functionality of the clock program. Two questions:

1. Is it possible for a third-party app to set the clock's alarm time? (I'd like to, for example, autoset it to 7:00 AM if I have a meeting at 9:00 AM) 

2. Is it possible for a third-party app to set the sound file that the clock plays to wake you up? (I'm interested in having a server generate an audio file that, via text to speech, says something like "Good morning. It is Monday April 15th. Don't forget your dentist appointment at 2:45 PM". 

If the above aren't possible, it would always be possible to write a custom alarm program. In that case:

1. How would the program see that the device had been put into the cradle?

2. How would the program make itself the top-most program like the clock does?

3. What is involved in "bedside mode"?  Setting the display to use a lower brightness, turning off the keyboard backlight: Anything else? How are these things accomplished?

Sorry, lots of questions here! 

Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: Setting the clock's alarm time and sound file

Here's a thrid party alarm app that seems to be what you're looking for

http://store.blackberrycool.com/product.asp?id=19069&n=BBSmart-Alarms-Pro

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
Developer
My Device: Z10, PlayBook
My Carrier: NA

Re: Setting the clock's alarm time and sound file

Thanks for the suggestion, but this doesn't appear to do anything of the things I'm looking for.