Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Setting up access to my work email (MS Exchange)?

Hi All,

Apologies if this has been posted before.  Fairly new to smartphones and currently use a Pearl which was setup for me via work.

I need to setup access to an MS Exchange email account - is there a guide to set this up?  I can only find access to either POP or a BlackBerry email address.

Thanks, Rob.

Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Setting up access to my work email (MS Exchange)?

New Contributor

Thanks, still not working.. I think I need to accee the BlackBerry Internet Service login / portal but when I try and register it says I already am!  No idea what the login is as I've not been told Smiley Sad
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

I get the same message when I try to log into BIS from my PC. But, if I log in via my Storm, it takes me there. From your Storm, try this link   http://www.blackberry.com/go/vzw (assuming you are on VZW).

Also, I found a new hint about the "Mailbox Name" setting. It turned out that what I otherwise thought was my mailbox name was indeed not so. I had to launch (on my PC), OWA and, once all in, hover my cursor over my mailbox name. Then, on the bottom toolbar of my browser, it displayed the proper mailbox name for me to use (turned out I needed to use Firstname.Lastname).

Best.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Contributor

setting up email was pretty simple, just choose the pop one. put in your email address, login and password and thats it.
Contributor

This is so frustrating! I cannot create the account from my computer, it says I already have one, and I never signed up. I try from the blackberry, but I am unable to select the "create account" button. I tried touching it with my finger and tried the cursor mode, but nothing. How in the world are you supposed to log into the BIS and create the account???

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Oh wow...that reminds me. Same issue...could not create a BIS account via PC (said it already existed for my PIN), but the Storm would create BIS profiles just fine. Finally was able to convert the account on the Storm and then log in via the PC. I do recall that it was really really touchy trying to click the correct button on the Storm to create the account. I am not positive, but I might have hidden the keyboard to get a better chance of clicking on the right button. I think you have no choice but to convert the account on the Storm itself...so keep trying.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................