Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: bold
My Carrier: VERIZON

Setup email on blackberry from a Microsoft exchange server

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Setup email on blackberry from a Microsoft exchange server

Hello...I think you are going to need to give us a bit more than that...

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

When I loaded office2010 on  new computer I get my email as I should, at my desktop and on my blackberry.

Jowever when I open an email in outlook I get the message again on my blackberry. This didn't happen when I was using a pop/smtp server.  It happens everytime I open a messege in my inbox.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

So, does that mean you are now on BES? If so, you need to talk to your BES admin as they are in control of everything. Otherwise, please let us know exactly how this email account is integrated to your BB -- for example, is it OWA?

Thanks!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Highlighted
New Contributor

I am not on a BES.  I am using Microsoft Exchange OWA to integrate to my BB and Outlook2010.

Hall of Famer III

OK thanks. So what, exactly, changed? You installed OL2010 as your PC client. Did you also shift your server from POP to OWA? One of those or both? And, if both, did the behavior begin after just doing one of them. Or both?

New Contributor

This is a new computer my old computer was using POP I exported all my mai/contacts/calendar to a file.

then I imported that new file to my new computer and Outlook 2010, after I set up my email to connect in O2010, as a microsoft exchange account.. My data file has a .ost suffix.

Hall of Famer III

Apologies, but I'm still not sure I understand. Here's the challenge. Outlook 2010 is a client app (and the OST is associated with the client side, not the server side). The BB is also (technically) a client app.

What matters is the server. The BB does not connect to Outlook 2010...it connects to whatever the mail server is (POP, IMAP, OWA, BES) in order to deliver email OTA (Over The Air). So, I'm still not clear what your configuration is...

If your configuration is OWA 2010, then that would be different indeed. OWA 2010 and Outlook 2010 are completely separate products.

New Contributor

Thank you for your patience OWA is MIcrosoft exchange 2007, I guess as you refer to it is is OWA 2007?

I hope this helps you to understand my problem.

Hall of Famer III

Yes, that helps...your server is OWA 2007. Your PC client is Outlook 2010. And your BB is configured via BIS to interact with OWA.

But, that still does not tell me what changed, when it changed, and when the behavior started. You talked about changing from POP to OWA...was that at the server side? Or did you just change which you had your PC and/or BB interface to?

Now that you have some additional understanding, perhaps you could just restate the entire situation. What did you change? When did the behavior start? Details as to the sequence of events and the configurations you changed may help guide us to find a solution for you.

Thanks!