Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Telus

Setup for BIS email not working on Bold 9900

About a month ago I had a severe system crash and had to re-install BB 7.1, once it was re-installed I used Blackberry Protect to get all my settings back.  For some reason since then my phone will not send or recieve email even though it shows I have an email account set up on it.  When I go to Setup and try to click on "Email Accounts" nothing happens MOST of the time.  Sometimes I can get into the next screen but it won't let me open the BIS only the BES.  I have searched and searched and used a few of the remedies I have seen on here and none of them have worked.  I have the approriate data plan as email worked fine BEFORE the system crash, I have "registered" it and re-sent the data packs and everything else.  I just can't get past the one screen to get INTO the settings.  I have tried mobile.blackberry.com, chose Canada but there is NOTHING there to change any email settings.  I have a screen shot if it helps but no way of uploading it on here.  I can take more of other stuff if needed. Please help Smiley Sad

Running 7.1 on a BB 9900 with Telus in Alberta Canada

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Playbook 2.1/ Torch9860 OS7.1.0.746
My Carrier: Globe

Re: Setup for BIS email not working on Bold 9900

Hello NewSlang

Welcome to the Community

Please check this link and let me know if it helps.

BlackBerry smartphone has no option for Internet Mail Account in Email Setup Application

Ron

...........................................................................................................................................................
Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up Smiley Happy

Blackberry Battery Saving Tips | Follow me on Twitter

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Telus

Nope, the option IS there, it just won't allow me to open it. I click on it and nothing happens, I hit "menu" and go to "internet mail account" and it kicks me back to the normal set up screen. I have registered it thru HRT and still nothing happens.  When I go to mobile.blackberry.com and go to BIS it asks for my username and password, I put it in and it says it doesnt exist, even though in my options/device/blackberry ID it has the info there, I changed the password, it accepted it and still won't let me sign in, so I try to recover the password via pin.  I input my pin, it sends me a message saying it isn't registered and has no ID. I try to register it with my pin and IMEI and that didn't work either. It's a complete run around and I have no idea what to do.

Highlighted
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

I was having the same problem, following the links to integrate email from this link helped me:

http://us.blackberry.com/specifications/communication/email/gmail.html#tab-1