Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Setup problem - using 8520 as modem

I'm using WinVista Enterprise (Ver6.0, service pack 2)

Hey  vkiran2004, can you tell me where do you find the ip modem option? i can't see any in my bb desktop ...

Thanks guys!

Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Are you logged in under an administrator account? When you go into the part that's grayed out is there a shield or something you can click on to type in an admin password to access that part?

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
New Contributor

Hi,

Yes, I have administrator access (only 1 account in my computer..). Also, I attach my screen below - can't find any ip modem stuff here or under each function...

btw, I bought this device with at&t...hope that won't make any difference...

pls let me know how to proceed. thanks a lot!

2762iB1A2A5FFAEE2A4E6

New Contributor
My Device: curve 8520
My Carrier: Aircel

hi, same kind of problem. i'm in administrator mode. using airtel in india. unable to configure. pl help.

t.vaithinathan
Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Not sure what else to try. The only think I found was editing that XML file and making the value "true"

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
New Contributor

hi guys,

actually where does the problem exist? is it in the desktop software or in blackberry handheldor with the broadband provider?

t.vaithinathan
New Contributor

@ jmrmb80, that's fine. thanks anyway for help out. If you happen to know where else I might find answers, pls let me know.

@vkiran2004, i think it's the desktop software..can you see the ip modem option?

New Contributor

thanks guys.

actually i see the ip modem option in my desktop software. but when i click the option i get a message that it was not configured properly. so i could not get that thing through.

by the way, i'm from india, can anybody tell me what will be the future of my BB's future?

t.vaithinathan
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry curve
My Carrier: Ackermans

Hi jm

I was wondering if you could help me. I have a blacberry curve 8520 with mtn as a service provider. Ok I have installed the software and completed all the steps too set uo my dail up connection and it says that it is connected on the blackberry manager but when I go to my web page it wl not go on the internet. Please help my operating system is xp
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry curve
My Carrier: Ackermans

Hi @jmrmb80 please assist me