01-24-2013 06:21 AM
at first I did not know where to put this, since developer support forums are more code oriented, so I choose this forum, I hope it is okay, otherwise please move it to correct forum.
I am trying to setup BlackBerry Dev Alpha device for development on my workstation. I am running Windows 8 Pro x64, freshly installed and I installed latest BlackBerry Development Kit and BlackBerry Device Manager. The Alpha device was updated to the latest version. Now I am having trouble connecting to the device in the IDE.
My question is, why my PC cannot connect ot BlackBerry Dev Alpha device? IDE displays Unable to connect. Check USB cable or WiFi connection.
The following facts are true:
- Device is connected with normal MicroUSB cable without hubs
- Device is detected in BlackBerry Device Manager and IP is displayed
- Development mode is on, password is set
- IP of the device is 169.254.1.1, set in development mode screen (tried also another IP, no effect)
- Target in Momentics is created manually (autodiscover does not work)
- Windows Firewall is OFF
- Pinging the device IP in command prompt returns no reply
Is there something wrong with the device? Considering I cannot run camera, I might have received bad device.
01-28-2013 09:23 AM - edited 01-28-2013 09:28 AM
I got same sometime.
I'm use action as below to solve.
1. Check USB Cable
2. Check Device in Device Manager , you may found UNKNOW Device or device with yellow "!" sign.
3. Remove all unknow device.
4, unplug USB Cable and re-plug again
5. try detect hardware by scan hardware,
6, If device not complete , Try force install device driver for new hardware that you computer found.
Hope it help.
Sorry for my English.
If it helped please click LIKE for me.
01-31-2013 04:41 AM