Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Several Bold problems (unlocked in a different network)

Hello everyone,

I recently bought a Bold device from Rogers, unlocked it and took it to Israel (Orange IL), where I don't have a BB data plan, but I do have a regular HSDPA data plan.

As a phone it's working fine, I managed to put Hebrew on it, it can synchronize offline with my calendar and address book, etc.

However I still have several issues that I couldn't resolve no matter what I tried:

1. I can't connect to the network with data services via HSDPA. I only able to use the browser when I'm in a Wifi coverage area, not through the mobile data network.
  2. I have BB Maps installed, but I can't find its icon anywhere and therefore I can't run it.
  3. I installed Google Maps but it gets stuck while loading. The small bar showing the progress of the load never gets progressing past the first "o" of the "Google Maps" text.
  4. I can't configure the device to use IMAP/POP3 in order to fetch emails.
  5. Is there any way that I can somehow push info from my PC to the device? (Desktop Redirector, installing some software on a server someplace that is reachable via the internet, etc.)

If you can assist even for one of these issues I will be EXTREMELY thankful.

Thanks,

--

Ran.

Forums Veteran III
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

Re: Several Bold problems (unlocked in a different network)

1. I can't connect to the network with data services via HSDPA. I only able to use the browser when I'm in a Wifi coverage area, not through the mobile data network. The problem is the internet on blackberry is for data plan, if you dont have a data plan, you cant surf on the web, only if you have Wifi coverage.

In other words, if you dont have a data plan, you dont have access to internet on your blackberry, for example if you have a Palm treo for weekdays use and a Motorola phone for weekends, you can switch the sim and you have internet, BUT NOT WITH A BLACKBERRY.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.