Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone Egypt

Severe SMS Problem

[ Edited ]

I have read some solutions about the problem of having the SMS one thread issue, but I really have a different problem.

My incoming SMS, comes under different person name, as Example when I have to SMSs from two Users User (A) and User (B), the sms sent from user (A) shows up in the thread of User (B) which is a big mess.

More over when I choose options >> View Folders >> SMS Inbox Then I can see the real sender of the SMS but still when I press open or delete, I can't do anything Smiley Sad Smiley Sad

Now I don't know who is sending me the sms at all, any one can help.

Cell Network: Vodafone Egypt

SW: v5.0.0.426 (Platform 5.1.0.116)

Can any one help pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee

Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: Severe SMS Problem

In BlackBerry Bold 9700 device running OS 5.0.0.423, many users are reporting that their SMS texts are all coming under one name/one single thread. check the below thread for details -

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Bold-9700-smartphone/How-to-fix-SMS-in-a-single-th...

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Super Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Classic - 10.31.1779
My Carrier: Cyta-Vodafone (Cyprus)

Hi ibrahimAwwad,

try downloading 442 from here, I have no problems at all with this OS,

http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-9700-series-discussion-bold-2/217494-latest-os-9700-5-0-0-72...

I hope this helps,

Regards

david

________________________________________________________________________________________________
Can you please click on the KUDOS star if this was helpful and click on Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.
Contributor

Hi Tanzim,

I think my problem is different, I already have read that before posting, and I don't want to play with the cod files not to mess all the OS.

Contributor

Hi David,

But this is for another cellular providor, shall I install any new OS from any other provider?? Vodafone Egypt not yet released anything??

What do you think?

Super Contributor

Hi,

it makes no difference fro which provider you have your OS from, obviously check your carrier first if not you can download from any carrier.

Your provider may not support that OS but there is no problem.

Make sure you do a full back up of your device prior to the update.

Regards

David

________________________________________________________________________________________________
Can you please click on the KUDOS star if this was helpful and click on Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.
Contributor

Hi David,

Unfortunately it seems that the Cellular provider is locking the device update, and I can't manually update it with any other OS Smiley Sad

Highlighted
Super Contributor

Not sure that I understand that one, I have never had a problem here in Cyprus with mine.

May be some one can come up with another solution for you.

Sorry I couldn't be of help.

Good luck,

David