Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: torch 9800
My Carrier: at&t

Severely Underwhelmed 9800 Torch

I have now spent over 3 hours scouring the web.  All because of 9800 torch.  It will not connect to an iMac and it will not connect to windows 7 pro.  I even made it so my osX computer booted to 32 bit mode and know that it is in 32-bit mode only for this crappy substandard software to not work correctly.  He is a better question @blackberry really why do you make software that does not support a 32-bit computer in this day and age?  Really #FAIL.  I have tried different usb connectors works on my android phone works on iphone does not work for balckberry well I guess we all know by now why your market share is dwendling..  Thanks guys can I reverse bill you for my time lost on your device?

My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: Severely Underwhelmed 9800 Torch

Hey berryhaterforlife,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the post.

Are you using a BlackBerry USB data cable when connecting the BlackBerry Torch 9800 to the Mac or PC?  Also does it show it is charging when you plug the USB in?  Does the wall charger charge the BlackBerry Torch as well?

When was the last time it could connect to the computer as well?  What version of BlackBerry Desktop Software is installed as well?

I look forward to your reply.

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!